The Student Room Group

Have to get this off my chest

A couple days ago I made one of the biggest mistakes of my life. I am getting ready to move across country for work, and I wanted to see this girl who I've been in love with since the moment I saw her. We've been extremely close for about two years. I know some mutual friends who knew where she lived at and I wanted to see/talk to her one more time before I'd never see her again. I would drove to her house unannounced about 3 times, each time failing to talk/see her. She found out I was doing this and chose to no longer talk to me, deleting me off all social media, and asked me not to contact her. I'm aware now that this was the dumbest mistake I've ever made, and regret it to this day. I never meant to cause harm or hurt her in anyway. I didn't know if I would see her again that was why I decided to drive to her house. It hurts that I and I alone have ruined the only girl I've cared about. Is it a bad idea to apologize via text or hand written mail, or should I just leave it alone and hope she is doing well? I want to remain friends I just think I've lost my chance. Looking for advice on what to do Thank you
Reply 1
Text or call her.Dont be a lil *****, now or never cause if you don't make the move someone will and then she'll be with them and you'll be alone. If she rejects you then so what, no point in investing time into a project deemed to fail just move on and get laid if it doesn't go to plan
Original post by Tonkabro12
A couple days ago I made one of the biggest mistakes of my life. Looking for advice on what to do Thank you

Why did she ask you to leave her alone?
If I were you I'd write a letter explaining you weren't trying to be creepy you were just trying to tell her how you feel ... then tell her how you feel about her and that you're sorry if it's too late or if you scared her etc x
Way better to send a letter imo!!
Good luck :smile: x
Reply 3
Original post by abc_123_
Why did she ask you to leave her alone?
If I were you I'd write a letter explaining you weren't trying to be creepy you were just trying to tell her how you feel ... then tell her how you feel about her and that you're sorry if it's too late or if you scared her etc x
Way better to send a letter imo!!
Good luck :smile: x

I told her how I felt but I wanted to see her. I think she felt creeped out that I went to her house( again not my intent) I don't know if I could give her the letter in person because I respect her wishes.
I told her how I felt but I wanted to see her. I think she felt creeped out that I went to her house( again not my intent) I don't know if I could give her the letter in person because I respect her wishes.

Just post it then, or give it to a friend to give to her x
Even if that's her wishes she might change her mind after reading it ... did you get the feeling she liked you before?
Just drop her a text explaining you didn't want to be creepy or stalkerish and you just wanted to say goodbye before you left. I think she overreacted though hahah
Reply 6
Just post it then, or give it to a friend to give to her x
Even if that's her wishes she might change her mind after reading it ... did you get the feeling she liked you before?

She definitely liked me before. We've always liked each other but never committed to each other because timing wasn't right. I would give it to her friend but she doesn't live in the same city as her, and I don't know her friends too well from home
Reply 7
Contact her don't be silly
She definitely liked me before. We've always liked each other but never committed to each other because timing wasn't right. I would give it to her friend but she doesn't live in the same city as her, and I don't know her friends too well from home

Then your best guess is to post the letter ... don't give up hope!!! This could be your opportunity to be happy so don't let it go x
Reply 9
Then your best guess is to post the letter ... don't give up hope!!! This could be your opportunity to be happy so don't let it go x

Even if she said don't contact me?

Yes at least you'll have no regrets x

She`s a woman-they speak in riddles
Reply 12
Yes at least you'll have no regrets x

What does deleting me on all social media accounts mean then?
Okay, I have a different opinion here. I don't really understand why she would over-react the way she did. I've driven past guys houses that I like. There is nothing wrong or stalking about that. LOTS of people do that..... but they usually don't get ratted out by a friend after the drive by. Anyway you need to not feel like a stalker. She should have been complimented but some girls can over-react to situations and that is what it sounds like she did. BUT...... being that she asked you not to contact her and deleted you from all social media if you want to retain any of your dignity just move to your new city and forget that girl. She certainly isn't worth your time. She will think you are acting stalkerish if you write a letter to her or text her. If I asked a guy not to contact me and I deleted him from social media I really, really wouldn't want him contacting me. She may be the only girl you've ever cared about but add so far. You are moving to a new city across the country. Good for you! Move to your new city, get involved in something that interests you and I promise you you will eventually meet someone else who you will be interested in. I certainly don't know why with the former girl the timing was never right but be bold and confident and I'm sure things will work out for you in the future. Leave your old city and experiences behind and look forward to a positive future. Best of Luck!
What does deleting me on all social media accounts mean then?

She's trying to make a statement also it is a bit creepy if you wait outside someone's house 3 times and don't go in x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending