The Student Room Group

I made a bad error

My supervisor, for my days off used them as holidays.

However mistakenly just now, I've emailed payroll saying how much I would get paid or I if get sick pay for the days of. payroll knows now I've had days off due to illness.

My supervisor was going to use them as holiday days.

My supervisor then goes he cannot apply them holidays because I've emailed payroll now.

He did say he will try to sort it out etc.

I don't know if it's too late now.
Reply 1
I've got too many holidays left.

I don't know if it can be saved.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous #1
I've got too many holidays left.

I don't know if it can be saved.

You and your supervisor should be honest about the reasons for you taking time off.

Most workplaces have a 12-month period, calendar or financial year, during which holiday has to be taken. If you don't use it, you lose it, unless there's exceptional circumstances for carrying forward unused holiday. Sickness needs to be recorded correctly in case there's any question over your health and attendance.
Reply 3
Original post by Surnia
You and your supervisor should be honest about the reasons for you taking time off.

Most workplaces have a 12-month period, calendar or financial year, during which holiday has to be taken. If you don't use it, you lose it, unless there's exceptional circumstances for carrying forward unused holiday. Sickness needs to be recorded correctly in case there's any question over your health and attendance.

I know at my friend's workplace they pay sick pay on day one.

I think I may need more time off as I felt like collapsing right now at home.

If I do not get sick pay, I was told I can contact HMRC as my reasons are justified, I went to the doctor's, been to hospital, they asked me to stay in hospital for a few days. Everything's recorded.

It seems like a bad chest infection.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending