The Student Room Group

Why do girls like rich guys?

So why do most girls care about money so much when wanting to date a guy? I personally never understood this... like, yes most people would love to be rich and all but if it`s a requirement that surpasses other qualities and determines how attracted you are to someone then i genuinely don`t get it.

i used to think most people tend to be attracted to a guy who is good looking and gentlemanly and stylish and has a certain personality, if he has money too, that`s good for him but i won`t not be attracted to someone because they have no money? Obviously what each person sees as stylish and charming etc varies but generally i thought whatever qualities a person has money isn`t really one of them.

don`t get me wrong there`s nothing wrong with being attracted to someone and they happen to be rich, but going after someone only because they are rich (my heterosexual female friends said they would marry a rich average looking and personality guy over a super hot, super charming personality guy of average wealth o.O)

i also understand that some people want to be very rich, but surely you`re not going to only get there by marrying someone rich?? Surely you will be a crazy busyhead who`s trying to devise plans and make money in many ways etc. Like, these girls aren`t even actively trying to make money, that`s the thing which makes me a bit like "what the actual heck"

So what do people think? Would you marry/date someone because they are rich only? Are you more concerned about money in a relationship more than anything else?

p.s i noticed with heterosexual guys this is less common i.e they tend to crush on/ date girls they find attractive, regardless of her money, but some tend to want to impress girls with their cars and money .

p.s.s before someone says i`m a guy who got rejected for being poor, i thought i`d say i`m a girl

Scroll to see replies

Girls like things. Rich men can buy girls things. Therefore girls like rich men.
Reply 2
Alot of it is personality as well. People who have created their own wealth tend to be ambitious, hard-working, energetic and outgoing.
They really don't and there are a lot of boys on this website who are physically unattractive who will push hard to break six figures and be at a complete loss as to why in spite of their car and their bank balance women choose handsome fun guys who are not particularly wealthy over them.

Money talks if you're either raking in 500k yearly or you live in the developing world, this land belongs to Chad Thundercock and his bros.
It's an evolutionary principle. Women look for resources, whereas men look for fertility and youth.
Reply 5
I know someone who is exactly like this. She'd get with anyone who has money, even if they're not remotely attractive. That's because she has been broke as hell for years, yet cba to do anything about it. It's really sad she's Iike that. Some people are just driven on money 🙄
Original post by Mimi9335
So why do most girls care about money so much when wanting to date a guy? I personally never understood this... like, yes most people would love to be rich and all but if it`s a requirement that surpasses other qualities and determines how attracted you are to someone then i genuinely don`t get it.

i used to think most people tend to be attracted to a guy who is good looking and gentlemanly and stylish and has a certain personality, if he has money too, that`s good for him but i won`t not be attracted to someone because they have no money? Obviously what each person sees as stylish and charming etc varies but generally i thought whatever qualities a person has money isn`t really one of them.

don`t get me wrong there`s nothing wrong with being attracted to someone and they happen to be rich, but going after someone only because they are rich (my heterosexual female friends said they would marry a rich average looking and personality guy over a super hot, super charming personality guy of average wealth o.O)

i also understand that some people want to be very rich, but surely you`re not going to only get there by marrying someone rich?? Surely you will be a crazy busyhead who`s trying to devise plans and make money in many ways etc. Like, these girls aren`t even actively trying to make money, that`s the thing which makes me a bit like "what the actual heck"

So what do people think? Would you marry/date someone because they are rich only? Are you more concerned about money in a relationship more than anything else?

p.s i noticed with heterosexual guys this is less common i.e they tend to crush on/ date girls they find attractive, regardless of her money, but some tend to want to impress girls with their cars and money .

p.s.s before someone says i`m a guy who got rejected for being poor, i thought i`d say i`m a girl

I don't care if my guy is rich or not xx the guy I like now isn't loaded I've got my own money so I don't need his :tongue: x
Reply 7
Some just do it to get spoiled and get free stuff.
Original post by UWS
Some just do it to get spoiled and get free stuff.

How would you know lol
I like successful guys (don't have to be rich) as it shows they are driven and most high paid careers require certain skills that I would find very attractive in a male. I would never go for a guy just for the money, but of course if they have it it's a bonus.
(edited 6 years ago)
Idk it baffles me too? I would rather date someone who has a similar amount of money to me, or else it would just be awkward if they could afford super expensive gifts in comparison to something I would give. My friends (girls) also agree with me.
Everyone likes rich people. Marrying a rich person allows you to gain higher power/status in society and live a more comfortable life. That's why in nearly all civilised society rich married rich, and their parents made them even if they didn't want to, because the King of England wasn't going to marry some peasant. Argue it all you might, this is just facts. Suck it up.
Reply 12
Original post by Reue
Alot of it is personality as well. People who have created their own wealth tend to be ambitious, hard-working, energetic and outgoing.

This is TSR. Average age is probably below 20. Very few are rich by their own at this age.

People who have created their own wealth might also be greedy, totally absorbed by their finances, parvenu or dishonest. If I were a girl I wouldn't seek new money types, for sure.
Original post by The Great Game
They really don't and there are a lot of boys on this website who are physically unattractive who will push hard to break six figures and be at a complete loss as to why in spite of their car and their bank balance women choose handsome fun guys who are not particularly wealthy over them.

Money talks if you're either raking in 500k yearly or you live in the developing world, this land belongs to Chad Thundercock and his bros.

The site is full of stupid, young people. You see all around you that a man being less than 6 foot doesn't mean they are unattractive, and a man being paid less doesn't mean that much in the UK as long as they're earning a decent salary. The difference between a 40k/year man and 70k/year man isn't going to mean much in the club. People think one poor apple means a batch of a hundred is spoilt. My physics teacher was around 5 foot 3, average looking and (obviously) was on a teacher's salary. He married a brain surgeon because he had a sense of humour and physics teachers tend to be fairly smart despite being underpaid.
Reply 14
Original post by usualsuspects
This is TSR. Average age is probably below 20. Very few are rich by their own at this age.

I was speaking in general, not specifically about the TSR demographic.
Reply 15
Most girls want a guy who had a lot of money because most are materialistic.
[QUOTE="Mimi9335;71742722"]So why do most girls care about money so much when wanting to date a guy? I personally never understood this... like, yes most people would love to be rich and all but if it`s a requirement that surpasses other qualities and determines how attracted you are to someone then i genuinely don`t get it.

p.s.s before someone says i`m a guy who got rejected for being poor, i thought i`d say i`m a girl[/QUOTE

Money= buying things.
Men with money= yaaaaasss
Why?= Golddiggers who can't be arsed to buy themselves stuff lol
Original post by Coolerthanapples
The site is full of stupid, young people. You see all around you that a man being less than 6 foot doesn't mean they are unattractive, and a man being paid less doesn't mean that much in the UK as long as they're earning a decent salary. The difference between a 40k/year man and 70k/year man isn't going to mean much in the club. People think one poor apple means a batch of a hundred is spoilt. My physics teacher was around 5 foot 3, average looking and (obviously) was on a teacher's salary. He married a brain surgeon because he had a sense of humour and physics teachers tend to be fairly smart despite being underpaid.

I think we agree. Nobody is truly poor in the UK and a lot of people are pretty damn wealthy so there is a lot of money going around here which means that bringing money to the table isn't the best thing you can do. If a man is reduced to thinking and trying to replicated third world sexpat game, he's probably not an attractive guy, socially or physically to begin with.
Because it's better to have a divorce in a mansion in france than in a council house in england

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending