The Student Room Group

I don't know if I want to go to uni anymore

Hi people. I want to hear your opinions or advice on this or something, idk what to do anymore.
I applied to uni and got offers from all my choices, already picked where I'm going to go and all that (I chosed to study archaeology). But now that I'm in the middle of my exams I'm not even sure it is all worth it. I am tired of pursuing an education that may not even be relevant to my job in the future, especially the exams (I have a lot of issues with the education system, but that's not important rn). Also, the doubt of whether I'll get the grades, or money from student finance to even allow me to go to uni...
Do you guys think I should do my best on the exams and just wait and see if I get in (I'm going to finish exams regardless, but I don't know if all the stress over revision is worth it). Or maybe take a gap year, or just go with my plan B...
Original post by H583
Hi people. I want to hear your opinions or advice on this or something, idk what to do anymore.
I applied to uni and got offers from all my choices, already picked where I'm going to go and all that (I chosed to study archaeology). But now that I'm in the middle of my exams I'm not even sure it is all worth it. I am tired of pursuing an education that may not even be relevant to my job in the future, especially the exams (I have a lot of issues with the education system, but that's not important rn). Also, the doubt of whether I'll get the grades, or money from student finance to even allow me to go to uni...
Do you guys think I should do my best on the exams and just wait and see if I get in (I'm going to finish exams regardless, but I don't know if all the stress over revision is worth it). Or maybe take a gap year, or just go with my plan B...

This is straightforward.

1. Try your best and do your exams- dont think about anything else.
2. Have a rest after your exams.
3. See what your results are and how you feel.
4. If you dont wnat to go or not right now then withdraw or defer, then take a gap.5. Reply when you want.
Original post by H583

Definitely agree with the comment above, just wait and see!
I was in a very similar position to you last year, I'd firmed and insured my places even though I was almost certain I wasn't going to get into either of them after pretty much failing AS. I didn't know what I wanted to do as a career and wondered if all the stress was actually going to be worth it. In the last few weeks before moving I was not wanting to go at all. In the end, I've just finished my first year at university and absolutely loved it!!

Regardless as to whether the course is essential to a career, a degree opens many doors in the future but also allows you to live the whole "uni experience" and I don't just mean getting drunk every night, you learn so many life skills and get to meet so many new people. Uni isn't for everyone, so if you want a break that's perfectly fine, you can always reapply next year if you wish but my best advice is to try as hard as you can for your A-Levels because they will matter either way.
Original post by H583

It's pretty common to feel unsure I know I did whats most important now is that you do well in your exams the once you have done them go on holiday or do something to clear your head.

Then on results day see how you feel you will get cold feet a second time if you still feel unsure a week before you go defer for a year.

I think you should still go but maybe you should take gap year first get a job for a year (any job)and save some money that means you will have some funds to enjoy uni a bit more to do thing like ski trips or jut general trips with your society's hope I helped.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending