The Student Room Group

I need help

I'm currently at the end of my 2nd year of Uni, having submitted my exams and knowing for a fact that i have failed. I can go through the process of reassessment but i dont know if i want to do this course or this life anymore. I havent enjoyed a single moment since i started and ive only carried on in hopes that it would get better; but it hasnt and i dont see it getting better ever. I want to stop all this and start something new but ive already spent so much to get here and i feel like ive completely wasted it all, as well as the last 2-3 years of my life. Every ambition i had for the future and what this path of life would bring me has turned to dust, i have no idea what i want to do anymore. I hate it at uni, but i think id hate it more knowing i wasted so much just to give up. I have no attachments here at uni, any friends i had are long gone and i had to give up most of my hobbies to try and focus on university work, to no avail. What do i do? is there anything i CAN do? im just lost
Of course there is an alternative. You don't want to give up and maybe you shouldn't. Maybe you could get help with more research on available options.
Original post by CM838
I'm currently at the end of my 2nd year of Uni, having submitted my exams and knowing for a fact that i have failed. I can go through the process of reassessment but i dont know if i want to do this course or this life anymore. I havent enjoyed a single moment since i started and ive only carried on in hopes that it would get better; but it hasnt and i dont see it getting better ever. I want to stop all this and start something new but ive already spent so much to get here and i feel like ive completely wasted it all, as well as the last 2-3 years of my life. Every ambition i had for the future and what this path of life would bring me has turned to dust, i have no idea what i want to do anymore. I hate it at uni, but i think id hate it more knowing i wasted so much just to give up. I have no attachments here at uni, any friends i had are long gone and i had to give up most of my hobbies to try and focus on university work, to no avail. What do i do? is there anything i CAN do? im just lost

Hi @CM838, I'm really sorry to hear that you're feeling like this. I'd recommend contacting your university and getting in contact with either your department or the student support team and see if you can discuss the different options that you have to move forward. They should be able to provide you with advice about where to go next and what support they can offer you. It might be that they can offer you more support on your current course, or give you options for a different path.
Hope this helps
Lucy :smile:
Hi @CM838 if you haven't enjoyed your course and it isn't going to help your future then you should stop doing it. All it is going to do is stress you out and cost you more money. Speak with you academic advisor, and with them you can discuss the possibilities going forward, such as transferring to a different course or dropping out of university.

Have a look at your universities prospectus and see if there are any courses you would be interested in pursuing. If these courses have similar modules to what you have done, they may allow you to start from year 2 instead of year 1.

If you decide to drop out of university, do not feel like a failure, your path is still bright :smile: Speak to your careers and employability team before you even drop out and find an apprenticeship or a job you are interested in. Life is too short to do something you don't want to do.

If you want to know more about how to drop out of uni or transfer courses, just ask me.

- Rosie
Reply 4
Original post by CM838

Research what you actually want to do

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending