The Student Room Group

NCS the Challenge

Alri, so I'm in year 12, well almost finished (Can't wait:u:) and I'm going to NCS this summer. For all the people out there who have already been is it really worth all the hype? I've asked bare people and the reviews are so mixed, like some say its terrible and some it was the best experience of their life. I already got a place so I'm definitely going but I just want to know what to expect and not be disappointed. I'm going because I want something to do during summer not just be stuck at home. As well as hat, I'm 17 years old and the age range is like 15-17. If you went there before what was the age range like, coz I dont want to be stuck around people who are too young coz I dont want to feel a lot older than them even though Ik its not that much of an age gap, but I'm taller than average so that doesn't really help when people think I'm older than I actually am.
Anyway, people's opinions and experiences if they been would be really appreciated:smile:
Reply 1
I went when I was 16 (so last year) age didn't seem to effect anyone, some people in my group were 16/17 and one 15 year old turning 16. You can't really tell the difference in ages.
The experience was not great in my opinion but the friends I made were amazing, I still talk to around 4 of them out of the 9 or so I think it was.
Don't let different experiences put yours off - each one will be different. I hope you enjoy yours :smile:
Am going this Summer, is it hard to make friends?
Reply 3
It's not hard to make friends - just Ben out going and open. Some groups click more than others but from my 'wave' a lot of the groups gel really well.
Some relationships even come out of it.
I was shy at first but it was okay I became really good friends with the people I met.
You can make friends from all different teams there s loads of people, don't worry :smile: !

Quick Reply

Latest