The Student Room Group

Should I question her?

Dear TSR please help!

My girlfriend and I have been together for 2 weeks. (Not long, I know, but I want to know I'm not wasting my time and effort on someone)
In person everything seems great, she's very attentive, likes to be touching my arm and I catch her just staring at me. We have discussed me going to a Christmas event with her and going on holidays together in future, so we seem committed, she even offered to take a day off work so we could do something together.

Tonight she's at a graduation event, starting at lunchtime and finishing at around 5am possibly later. Am I wrong to wonder why she hasn't bothered to text me back, considering she's posted multiple Snapchat stories and has been online on WhatsApp on several occasions, yet left my message unread.

It leaves me wondering whether the fact she only finished a 2 year relationship in February means I'm not actually her interest and she's only after the sex and the fact she's used to having a boyfriend. She had dates with others before me and she didn't like those lads, and she has told her parents and lots of friends about me and her being together.
Original post by Anonymous
Dear TSR please help!

My girlfriend and I have been together for 2 weeks. (Not long, I know, but I want to know I'm not wasting my time and effort on someone)
In person everything seems great, she's very attentive, likes to be touching my arm and I catch her just staring at me. We have discussed me going to a Christmas event with her and going on holidays together in future, so we seem committed, she even offered to take a day off work so we could do something together.

Tonight she's at a graduation event, starting at lunchtime and finishing at around 5am possibly later. Am I wrong to wonder why she hasn't bothered to text me back, considering she's posted multiple Snapchat stories and has been online on WhatsApp on several occasions, yet left my message unread.

It leaves me wondering whether the fact she only finished a 2 year relationship in February means I'm not actually her interest and she's only after the sex and the fact she's used to having a boyfriend. She had dates with others before me and she didn't like those lads, and she has told her parents and lots of friends about me and her being together.

:s-smilie: what did you text her and why do you think she needs to return it on this day?

Also take a step back - never look out for someone being online, to do so you'd have to be looking at your chat with them every so often which is not a great sign

Ultimately put your trust in them, they're meant to be having fun with their friends.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 2
Shes probably just having fun with friends and doesnt want to be having a text conversation, leave her to it :smile:
You've come to these conclusions because she hasn't replied to your texts straight away?
Reply 4
There are other things, not just this. She's done this before where she is constantly online replying to whoever, yet cannot find the time to reply to me. If she were into me surely I'd get a reply?
While I understand your curiosity, as I wondered the same way in my first relationship. Butt with all due respect take a step back for one second.....

1) It has been just two weeks, that is nothing in the run of a relationship, you are basically still getting to know each other.

2) Looking at someone's online Whatssapp status can be considered obsessive, don't be that guy. Yes, you are curious but take your mind off things and wait for her to message you back, maybe she was having a good time?

and finally......

3) Put your trust in her, I am sure nothing bad was going on.

Sorry If I came across as a bit ignorant or such mate, I just hope I helped. :smile:
Reply 6
While I understand your curiosity, as I wondered the same way in my first relationship. Butt with all due respect take a step back for one second.....

1) It has been just two weeks, that is nothing in the run of a relationship, you are basically still getting to know each other.

2) Looking at someone's online Whatssapp status can be considered obsessive, don't be that guy. Yes, you are curious but take your mind off things and wait for her to message you back, maybe she was having a good time?

and finally......

3) Put your trust in her, I am sure nothing bad was going on.

Sorry If I came across as a bit ignorant or such mate, I just hope I helped. :smile:

That's fine, I'm glad people are replying, doesn't matter how it comes acros! It doesnt help I've seen her ex in the only Snapchat she's sent me. I know it's obsessive, I noticed it once accidentally and since then I've been curious to see if it continues and it had.
That's fine, I'm glad people are replying, doesn't matter how it comes acros! It doesnt help I've seen her ex in the only Snapchat she's sent me. I know it's obsessive, I noticed it once accidentally and since then I've been curious to see if it continues and it had.

I absolutely respect that mate. I have no doubt seeing an ex around here, makes you feel uncomfortable and question her. I would feel the same way.

But ask yourself; Do you trust her? Because you know that you like her, right? But can you put your faith in her?

Not to go off on a tangent but I can somewhat relate, here goes.....

I recently stopped seeing a girl, it only lasted around three weeks, I know, stupid. Well we still talk a fair amount, but I sometime ask if I have been replaced, if that makes sense.

I personally believe that in any relationship at some point, it is natural for one to question the relationship and the person they are seeing. I actually did during the three weeks, but I saw past it.

Sorry for the ramble mate! I do hope this helped. I really hope I have sent advice the right way. :smile:
Reply 8
I absolutely respect that mate. I have no doubt seeing an ex around here, makes you feel uncomfortable and question her. I would feel the same way.

But ask yourself; Do you trust her? Because you know that you like her, right? But can you put your faith in her?

Not to go off on a tangent but I can somewhat relate, here goes.....

I recently stopped seeing a girl, it only lasted around three weeks, I know, stupid. Well we still talk a fair amount, but I sometime ask if I have been replaced, if that makes sense.

I personally believe that in any relationship at some point, it is natural for one to question the relationship and the person they are seeing. I actually did during the three weeks, but I saw past it.

Sorry for the ramble mate! I do hope this helped. I really hope I have sent advice the right way. :smile:

I do like her a lot, and from her body language she's the same about me. Obviously we're still in that honeymoon period but I've not had this connection with a girl before. (Soppy I know, let's pretend I didn't say that.)
I am confident that she would reject any advances from guys that she talks to on a night out, but the anomaly is someone she's been involved with, that's unpredictable, especially when mixed with alcohol.

It's all good, all stuff to take on board and think about. Luckily I think we're not at a stage where we need to evaluate our relationship. I have a tendency to over think everything I do in life and create scenarios, but then become fixated on the worse ones.

I hope it works out well for you too mate!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending