The Student Room Group

Does it make you unhappy if you are always single?

I know this is a stereotype for this site but I have a new job and then this girl kind of liked me but then went off me. She has moved towards another guy and is they are constantly flirting etc but think they may have slept together the thought of them together makes me so upset but there is nothing I can do. I always get overlooked by women and end up on my own.
Reply 1
So dating is a competitive business. You just have to roll with the punches and keep going, and when you do this eventually something good turns up. Agree though that a run of rejections is pretty soul destroying. Mind you, makes it all the sweeter when it works out
Reply 2
bump
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
I know this is a stereotype for this site but I have a new job and then this girl kind of liked me but then went off me. She has moved towards another guy and is they are constantly flirting etc but think they may have slept together the thought of them together makes me so upset but there is nothing I can do. I always get overlooked by women and end up on my own.

So a woman liked you (but eventually moved on from you) and you view this as getting "overlooked by women"? When she initially showed interest in you, did you reciprocate? she probably moved on thinking that you had no interest in her

So this girl at work liked you... what did you do about it? Did you flirt back? Did you try and arrange to meet with her during lunch or after work? Did you try and get the low-down on her with some of her colleagues? Did you even hint to her that you found her attractive? What did you do to try and get a meaningful connection with her?

If the answers to the above questions are "No" or "Nothing", then you can't blame her from moving on.

For your own sake, remember this:-

1) When someone likes you, you've got a "Use-By" date that's stamped on your ass. I say your ass, cause you never know exactly how long you've got... it might only be a couple of days, it could be a few years. Either way, if you don't make your move by that time, chances are she'll move on and consider other people.

2) If you think a girl is nice, pretty / attractive, or whatever, then chances are AT LEAST one other person has also clocked her... and basically she's going to choose either whoever approaches her first, or whoever is the best fit, based on her own standards, criteria etc.

Bottom line is:- you snooze, you lose.

Original post by jas149
So a woman liked you (but eventually moved on from you) and you view this as getting "overlooked by women"? When she initially showed interest in you, did you reciprocate? she probably moved on thinking that you had no interest in her

Exactly this
So it can do if you focus on it a lot. Relationships should supplement your happiness and life, get interested in stuff, find some sort of purpose, join some groups. Be happy enough without it and if you feel like it then go for it.
Ironically, Mr Brightside came on the radio as I clicked this thread.
You had a chance and squandered it. Try never receiving even the slightest bit of attention.
Reply 8
Original post by Old Skool Freak
So this girl at work liked you... what did you do about it? Did you flirt back? Did you try and arrange to meet with her during lunch or after work? Did you try and get the low-down on her with some of her colleagues? Did you even hint to her that you found her attractive? What did you do to try and get a meaningful connection with her?

If the answers to the above questions are "No" or "Nothing", then you can't blame her from moving on.

For your own sake, remember this:-

1) When someone likes you, you've got a "Use-By" date that's stamped on your ass. I say your ass, cause you never know exactly how long you've got... it might only be a couple of days, it could be a few years. Either way, if you don't make your move by that time, chances are she'll move on and consider other people.

2) If you think a girl is nice, pretty / attractive, or whatever, then chances are AT LEAST one other person has also clocked her... and basically she's going to choose either whoever approaches her first, or whoever is the best fit, based on her own standards, criteria etc.

Bottom line is:- you snooze, you lose.

Exactly this

OP may not have snoozed, just been gazumped
Original post by Zarek
OP may not have snoozed, just been gazumped

Maybe you're right... but I reckon if that was the case, it would have been clear in the first post. I would also expect the tone of the post to be far more about cursing so-called players stealing "his" women.

Perhaps OP could clarify?
Reply 10
She is sleeping with another guy now. When I asked her about is she lied I think because they are both managers. Can I ask another question say once the girl is with someone else does this form part of why she is much less friendly and kind of offing because now she has someone else.
Reply 11
She is sleeping with another guy now. When I asked her about is she lied I think because they are both managers. Can I ask another question say once the girl is with someone else does this form part of why she is much less friendly and kind of offing because now she has someone else.

Might be because you’re asking impertinent questions about who she’s bonking
Reply 12
Original post by Zarek
Might be because you’re asking impertinent questions about who she’s bonking

Ha ha! True!

You managed to make a girl who (you say) was interested in you change to disliking you, which is quite the achievement. I don't think you should keep on questioning her; trying to guilt-trip her and asking about her sex life definitely isn't going to make her go back to you.
Reply 14
Original post by Doomotron
You managed to make a girl who (you say) was interested in you change to disliking you, which is quite the achievement. I don't think you should keep on questioning her; trying to guilt-trip her and asking about her sex life definitely isn't going to make her go back to you.

No I wasn’t guilt tripping her she can do what she wants maybe she doesn’t dislike me but thought I rejected her and maybe had just lost feelings for me I just did the thread because I don’t understand women I don’t have any hard feelings towards her

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending