The Student Room Group

Anyone here enjoy late evening/night time walks

Scroll to see replies

If I went for a late night walk where I live, I'll probably get stabbed.
dont enjoy it but have had to walk home at like 4am bare dark out and lifeless in a creepy way, if it's winter or rainy but in the summer it's still more live late at night but obvs more dangerous. I still stay up and go out/come in at ungodly hours though.

One time I ran home barefoot at around this time with my trainers in my hand after a knife fight in the park :rofl: looked proper trampy but I was running for my life. I wasn't involved at first, a fight just broke out at night right next to my group of friends. People make it dangerous.
I have a tendency to go for midnight runs around parks and lakes. It gives me a real boost and clears my mind
Original post by willow10
Oh! I really want to go for a walk in the country. So calm.

Its not calm in London lol

whys everyone here from london
Original post by Davalla
Night-time winter walks are beautiful, solely for being able to see your frosted breath float away under the street lights.

There's also something nice about walking down a dimly lit ally with nothing but the flicker of a lighter and the glowing ashes from a cigarette for company.

..really? lol I try my best to avoid walking down gennels at night, even in broad daylight.
(edited 6 years ago)
Sometimes, it's relaxful to just go for a walk through the park or something. I remember during my 2nd year going to the park at like 6am when it's virtually empty and playing on the swings :smile:. It allows you to think, clear your mind and disconnect from a world that's always connected.
Original post by queenofswords
In central or West London yes :smile: Especially places that were once meaningful to me.

I also like watching people walk by whilst sitting at a cafe very early in the morning during the summer.

Are you mad? London is not the place to take evening walks. Its so noisy and theres people everywhere!
*gennel
I honestly love them, it's so quiet and peaceful (depending on where you are.

When I moved to Germany for 6 months last year I loved evening walks as they would have all the old buildings lit up and fountains on. It looked like a fairy tale
Original post by willow10
Are you mad? London is not the place to take evening walks. Its so noisy and theres people everywhere!

I don't mind the sound of the city buzzing. I don't mind getting lost in crowds. Quite interesting, having senses overwhelmed.
Reply 30
Yes.
Original post by L'absurde
Not in my endz.......

lol where your endz

Original post by Tootles
Do people actually feel unsafe? :lolwut: I've never felt threatened or unsafe - wherever I've been and at whatever time. Either y'all live in some rough-ass places, or something about me puts prospective attackers off.

No one who says "prospective attackers" scares people
Original post by Rock Fan
Bit random but does anyone enjoy an evening/night time walk

I do. But not alone, with others. :smile:
Original post by Kvothe the Arcane
A bit. I find they help to clear my thoughts. I may go for one shortly as I've been struggling to sleep and it may make me sufficiently tired.

Do you?

I am still out having a stroll myself
Love late night walks, especially in summer. :heart:
Reply 35
Favourite time to walk, by a mile.

I live near the beach, and it's so different when it's 11pm at night than it is at 1pm.
I go on holiday to a town in turkey a lot, and I love walking round there at night, on my own or with one other person. It's so peaceful and relaxing.
Reply 36
Original post by Rock Fan
Bit random but does anyone enjoy an evening/night time walk

Yep!

Me an my dawg:smile:

Less people = less likelihood of any trouble:wink:

Suits me Sir...
Original post by queenofswords
I don't mind the sound of the city buzzing. I don't mind getting lost in crowds. Quite interesting, having senses overwhelmed.

I like London but I will need a spot to get away once in while. A walk in the is country dreamy
I absolutely love them. Especially whilst listening to some tunes.
Yas it's so quiet and peaceful and you just start deeping life

Quick Reply

Latest