The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
To my knowledge the only freshers week which exists is the orientation for international students, but aside from that I don't think one exists
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Gwarwick
To my knowledge the only freshers week which exists is the orientation for international students, but aside from that I don't think one exists

thats not nice! cant home student come to that, mind u im a latino so i can always blag cant i?
Reply 3
Sunnyt
So we actually have a freshers week, ive been told that we dont at warwick please clear this up for me and urm when does it start

sunyyyyyyyyyyyyy

There is no freshers week, there is two weeks of freshers activities...so i've been told
Reply 4
Kuz
There is no freshers week, there is two weeks of freshers activities...so i've been told

what happnes in those weeks then in detail please kuz pulease tell me
Reply 5
Sunnyt
thats not nice! cant home student come to that, mind u im a latino so i can always blag cant i?

Not really since they know that you live in england lol but maybe its worth a try.
Reply 6
Gwarwick
Not really since they know that you live in england lol but maybe its worth a try.

The places are limited so unless you are registered as an international student (and hence get no support from your LEA) you will not be able to attend.
Reply 7
Jonatan
The places are limited so unless you are registered as an international student (and hence get no support from your LEA) you will not be able to attend.

It was simply a joke, I stated that he couldnt.
Reply 8
Sunnyt
what happnes in those weeks then in detail please kuz pulease tell me

I have no idea really, if you PM Ynox who was a first year last year I'll think he will give you the details as he is really helpful or LittleMinx or Picju (sp??)
Reply 9
There are 2 weeks of fresher orientated activities in the evening in the union. Not really very different to normal nights in the union, except they're hyped up quite a bit. Get to the first Top Banana of term really early, that's packed out and there's a huge queue. (Top Banana becomes sort of a religion throughout the year... I've yet to miss one). During the day, there are market stalls in the union, and 2 fresher fairs where you join all the societies you want. You can also join online this year after the main fairs.

Freshers line up from the student's union website:

Freshers' Fortnight Lineup Announced
Published at 12:14am on Friday 27th August 2004

Electric Six Rumours have been rife about the acts booked for the fresh and returners in 2004, and now the Union is proud to announce that once again the Entertainments department have excelled themselves in bringing you a first class freshers' fortnight programme!...

Already confirmed for the first 2 weeks of term are:

Chikinki
Pink Grease
Roni Size (LIVE), with Tali and Dynamite MC
Stewart Lee Comedy special
The Likeness
The Boxer Rebellion
Shy FX
FYA and DJ Dodge
Captain Everything
And…………Tiffany
And much more…including Bar Crawls, Society and Sports Fairs and more free stuff than you can shake a stick at…

PLUS, Don’t forget:

THE SU FRESHERS BALL 2004

Thursday 7 October

Line-up now fully confirmed

ELECTRIC SIX
BJORN AGAIN
Killa Kela
The Cut up Boys
The Mixologists
Nicky Blackmarket
MC Det
and much more!
Tickets for all events available Online (from mid September), from Advance (the new Ent.s ticket and merchandising outlet) in the SU Building or On The Door.

Other artists coming up in the term include Tim Westwood, Shapeshifters, Andy C, Shystie, The Delays, Blade, Horace Andy, The Valve Sound System, plus many more

You can also expect to see all of the Union's regular nights out as well as a respangled Boogie Nights and a new postgraduate event - The Graduate Sessions.

Full details of the events and times for freshers' week are now winging their way to you in the 'U' or 'Back to U' magazines.
Reply 10
picju96
There are 2 weeks of fresher orientated activities in the evening in the union. Not really very different to normal nights in the union, except they're hyped up quite a bit. Get to the first Top Banana of term really early, that's packed out and there's a huge queue. (Top Banana becomes sort of a religion throughout the year... I've yet to miss one). During the day, there are market stalls in the union, and 2 fresher fairs where you join all the societies you want. You can also join online this year after the main fairs.

Freshers line up from the student's union website:

Freshers' Fortnight Lineup Announced
Published at 12:14am on Friday 27th August 2004

Electric Six Rumours have been rife about the acts booked for the fresh and returners in 2004, and now the Union is proud to announce that once again the Entertainments department have excelled themselves in bringing you a first class freshers' fortnight programme!...

Already confirmed for the first 2 weeks of term are:

Chikinki
Pink Grease
Roni Size (LIVE), with Tali and Dynamite MC
Stewart Lee Comedy special
The Likeness
The Boxer Rebellion
Shy FX
FYA and DJ Dodge
Captain Everything
And…………Tiffany
And much more…including Bar Crawls, Society and Sports Fairs and more free stuff than you can shake a stick at…

PLUS, Don’t forget:

THE SU FRESHERS BALL 2004

Thursday 7 October

Line-up now fully confirmed

ELECTRIC SIX
BJORN AGAIN
Killa Kela
The Cut up Boys
The Mixologists
Nicky Blackmarket
MC Det
and much more!
Tickets for all events available Online (from mid September), from Advance (the new Ent.s ticket and merchandising outlet) in the SU Building or On The Door.

Other artists coming up in the term include Tim Westwood, Shapeshifters, Andy C, Shystie, The Delays, Blade, Horace Andy, The Valve Sound System, plus many more

You can also expect to see all of the Union's regular nights out as well as a respangled Boogie Nights and a new postgraduate event - The Graduate Sessions.

Full details of the events and times for freshers' week are now winging their way to you in the 'U' or 'Back to U' magazines.

Thanks for the details... but what in the world possessed them to book Electric Six? :eek:
Reply 11
there isn't a proper fresher's week thing? darn... :frown:
Reply 12
you took the words right out of my mouth - darn!

you can't get completely pissed at night, because you might have a lecture the next day :frown: :mad: :frown:
Reply 13
hshah

you can't get completely pissed at night, because you might have a lecture the next day :frown: :mad: :frown:

I don't see how the two are related?!? :confused: :biggrin:
Reply 14
Well how would it look if you stumbled into you first lecture completely hung over?
Reply 15
hshah
Well how would it look if you stumbled into you first lecture completely hung over?

Impressive.... :biggrin:
Reply 16
Or Retarded.... :eek:
Reply 17
hshah
Or Retarded.... :eek:

Depends how much style you do it in and what your wearing at the time. :biggrin: Seriously though you probably won't want to get totally smashed immediately so maybe its a good thing they skip on the freshers festivities. :smile:
Reply 18
But then you don't get to meet many people :tongue:
Reply 19
You'll find you're in the minority if you don't stumble into a lecture 10 minutes late with a raging hangover, or skipping in 10 minutes late still drunk in freshers fortnight. Personally I didn't get that drunk (I mean, I drank, but not to excess) because I didn't want to make a fool out of myself in the first couple of weeks. That came later...

Latest