The Student Room Group

Driving

Was driving the other day, there were red lights about every metre. I acidently went through one of them as I didn't think as I turned the corner there'd be more. I went through and there was a police van on the other side going opposite direction that must have seen but they just kept going didn't stop me ect. Does anyone know what could happen?
Please no sarcastic comments though I'm actually scared!
Reply 1
Reply 2
Original post by JW19
Was driving the other day, there were red lights about every metre. I acidently went through one of them as I didn't think as I turned the corner there'd be more. I went through and there was a police van on the other side going opposite direction that must have seen but they just kept going didn't stop me ect. Does anyone know what could happen?

6 points and a fine
Reply 3
Original post by stack__
6 points and a fine

Do you think this will defiantly happen? Also do you think if it did I could mention anything about the police being a meter away at the time and not doing anything?
Reply 4
Original post by JW19

The police van won't have done anything if they didn't stop you. The only thing you have to worry about was if there was a camera on the lights. If so, you'll get a letter through the post soon.
Reply 5
Original post by JW19
Do you think this will defiantly happen? Also do you think if it did I could mention anything about the police being a meter away at the time and not doing anything?

If the traffic light had a camera that monitors if people pass at red light yes it's highly possible and they don't care about the police not doing anything as maybe they never saw you
Reply 6
Original post by stack__
If the traffic light had a camera that monitors if people pass at red light yes it's highly possible and they don't care about the police not doing anything as maybe they never saw you

According to local council website this is a set of traffic lights without anything on it
Reply 7
Original post by JW19
According to local council website this is a set of traffic lights without anything on it

Then your ok don't worry
Reply 8
Original post by stack__
Then your ok don't worry

Thank you for your help
Original post by JW19

If they were going to penalise you, they'd have stopped you.
Reply 10
This thread should be in Cars and Motoring - tagging @AngryJellyfish to get it moved.

If you didn't get stopped you're fine. Do NOT go through a red light again. Pay more attention when driving, or you'll end up killing someone.
Original post by Lorenzo94
My friend did the same and he got arrested and put infront of a judge, he then got a 6 month jail sentence and was brutally played with by the other prisoners.. anyway, wont bore you with the details, but he killed himself

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

I hope you're joking
Reply 12
Original post by AtheClassicMan
I hope you're joking

Is this serious?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending