The Student Room Group

University of Law- Undergraduate law degree

Can anyone provide me with some info/advice as to whether the University of Law is good for an undergraduate law degree? I had an offer for LSE last year but missed out by 2 marks and am now in a really amazing job but still want to study for a law degree so part time seems like the best option.

I would like to study in London as I both live and work here so it makes sense- could anyone recommend any other good unis for part time law courses?

Thanks!!
Original post by S.houlder
Can anyone provide me with some info/advice as to whether the University of Law is good for an undergraduate law degree? I had an offer for LSE last year but missed out by 2 marks and am now in a really amazing job but still want to study for a law degree so part time seems like the best option.

I would like to study in London as I both live and work here so it makes sense- could anyone recommend any other good unis for part time law courses?

Thanks!!

Depends what the job is. Uni of law is ok and run of the mill. I assume you mean 2 marks and not 2 grades.

If you are in a legal environment and have your foot in the door then uni of law will be fine as your job is more important. Theres also BPP.

The only drawbacks I think are too many lawyers, which in turn means you miss out on the full uni experience. I would find it a bit dull for that reason.
Reply 2
Original post by J-SP
Do you want to study on campus or are you thinking of doing an online/distance learning course?

I'd be attending campus 2 evenings a week for 2 hours and then 4 hours online at weekend in form of webinars.
Reply 3
Original post by 999tigger
Depends what the job is. Uni of law is ok and run of the mill. I assume you mean 2 marks and not 2 grades.

If you are in a legal environment and have your foot in the door then uni of law will be fine as your job is more important. Theres also BPP.

The only drawbacks I think are too many lawyers, which in turn means you miss out on the full uni experience. I would find it a bit dull for that reason.

Hmmm thanks! Yes, only two marks 😩

Im currently working for the Parliamentary Counsel supporting the legislative drafters so it is kind of legal orientated but not the conventional legal profession. But I am considering applying for jobs in a law firm so that I can apply what I am learning.

Surely, if I am on an undergrad course there won't be any lawyers in my classes and it may be more lively- hopefully!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending