The Student Room Group

How does uni in the US work

ChatGPT
Hi everyone,

I'm interested in applying to some universities in the US, but I'm having trouble understanding their educational system compared to the UK. For example, how do I convert it if I want to study law in the UK but also want to apply in the US? I've been told that in the US, you don't need to study law as an undergraduate; you can major in anything, and then you can pursue law for six years. I'm not really sure how it works, and I just need a better understanding.

Thank you!
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
ChatGPT
Hi everyone,

I'm interested in applying to some universities in the US, but I'm having trouble understanding their educational system compared to the UK. For example, how do I convert it if I want to study law in the UK but also want to apply in the US? I've been told that in the US, you don't need to study law as an undergraduate; you can major in anything, and then you can pursue law for six years. I'm not really sure how it works, and I just need a better understanding.

Thank you!

Hey,

So, unis in the US don’t offer law as an undergraduate degree, you’d have to major in something like political science or wtv and then apply to go to law (graduate) school to get a masters degree in law.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending