The Student Room Group

Is it too late to change course

At the minute I'm meant to be starting an international management course in September. However it requires you to move abroad for a year, I suffer from anxiety (particularly about being far from home) and i have recently relapsed having been fine for a year. I was thinking of changing to just do business management which is a three year course and that way I could just get it over and done with without the worry of having to move away. I was wondering if i still had the chance to change to a different course at the same uni and if so when was the latest I could do so? Any advice would be appreciated
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by mikesev96
At the minute I'm meant to be starting an international management course in September. However it requires you to move abroad for a year, I suffer from anxiety (particularly about being far from home) and i have recently relapsed having been fine for a year. I was thinking of changing to just do business management which is a three year course and that way I could just get it over and done with without the worry of having to move away. I was wondering if i still had the chance to change to a different course at the same uni and if so when was the latest I could do so? Any advice would be appreciated

Talk to them.
I suspect the first year will be roughly the same and they may give you the option either immediately or after a year whether you can cope with the year abroad.

Maybe you are just anxious about uni as well and once you get used to that then it might lessen and make manageable your year abroad. Dont give it up lightly.

Talk to student welfare/ disabilities/ mental health team as well. See whats available and if you can stick with the course as you recognise its a relapse that is causing the anxiety and you would go if you could.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending