The Student Room Group

I'm a student nurse and I have fallen for a consultant surgeon, HELP ME!!

I'm a student nurse and I have fallen quite badly for the consultant doctor, who I may add is a silver fox. I have never spoken to him and neither will I ever be able to since he is really one of top surgeons in the entire hospital.

I am abit ashamed that I like someone almost twice my own age and that he may be married with kids. I don't want anything from my feelings for him but I want to sort of end it here. I'm going crazy thinking about him as soon as I wake up or before I sleep or when I'm doing a task. He's literally on my mind 24/7 but he doesn't even know me.

I fell for him when I saw him looked at my name badge... I had butterflies as I got to see just how gorgeous he was. He's really one of the most handsome doctors I've come across.

Long story short, he doesn't even know me, I see him in the hospital and it's super awkward when we walk past eachother (atleast for me anyway because my heart is going crazy.)
ONCE We had a small eye contact and I kept smiling and it seemed as though he smiled just a little bit although I can't be certain because I couldn't look him in the face for more than a few seconds as my heart started going crazy and I felt an adrenaline rush as well as my morning became beautiful.
Sigh.

What do I do? I want to stop liking him because in the end I know I won't have anything. He's too way out of my league. :frown:

Someone please help me. I am losing it. I've never felt this strongly about an older man.

EDIT: to those commenting stuff such a short "is this from xyz drama" or "send this to xyz drama writers" PLEASE STOP. :'( I'm being honest and I would appreciate actual advice.
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by araask17
I'm a student nurse and I have fallen quite badly for the consultant surgeon, who I may add is a silver fox. I have never spoken to him and neither will I ever be able to since he is really one of top surgeons in the entire hospital.

I am abit ashamed that I like someone almost twice my own age and that he may be married with kids. I don't want anything from my feelings for him but I want to sort of end it here. I'm going crazy thinking about him as soon as I wake up or before I sleep or when I'm doing a task. He's literally on my mind 24/7 but he doesn't even know me.

I fell for him when I saw him looked at my name badge... I had butterflies as I got to see just how gorgeous he was. He's really one of the most handsome doctors I've come across.

Long story short, he doesn't even know me, I see him in the hospital and it's super awkward when we walk past eachother (atleast for me anyway because my heart is going crazy.)
ONCE We had a small eye contact and I kept smiling and it seemed as though he smile so just a little bit though I can't be certain because I couldn't look him in the Face for more than a few seconds, My heart started going crazy and I felt an adrenaline rush as well as my morning became beautiful.
Sigh.

What do I do? I want to stop liking him because I'm the end I know I won't have anything. He's too way out of my league. :frown:

Someone please help me. I am losing it. I've never felt this strongly about an older man.

If he's an orthopod, just keep dropping words like bone, nailing, screw etc into casual conversation. It doesn't matter how tenuous the link is either. He'll get the message eventually.
Was this on Scrubs?
Reply 3
Original post by Democracy
If he's an orthopod, just keep dropping words like bone, nailing, screw etc into casual conversation. It doesn't matter how tenuous the link is either. He'll get the message eventually.

The sad thing is that I won't have the chance to talk to him because only senior nurses get that and junior doctors :frown:
Reply 4
Original post by Friffinghell
Was this on Scrubs?

Yes I know my life is so screwed that it now sounds like ********/drama.

I posted here to get some help/views not comments like yours.

Sigh. :/
Send that to the writers on Holby City.

/sarcasm
Reply 6
Original post by Blue_Cow
Send that to the writers on Holby City.
/sarcasm

Nice one I must admit but if you can't help me then please don't comment as that would be much appreciated.
Yes I know my life is so screwed that it now sounds like ********/drama.

I posted here to get some help/views not comments like yours.

Sigh. :/

I'm sorry if you cannot see the humour in it.

Realistically, can you even fall for somebody that you haven't spoken to?

You've got a crush, it happens and it will pass.
Reply 8
I'm sorry if you cannot see the humour in it.

Realistically, can you even fall for somebody that you haven't spoken to?

You've got a crush, it happens and it will pass.

Sorry i wanted some actual advice etc.

Yeah, you're right. It's a crush but one that is literally so big that it's taken over everything I do. It's not healthy.
Reply 9
Does he wear a wedding ring? Have you ever spoken to him before? Try to speak to him if you can, even casually.

Also, leagues aren't a thing so stop thinking about that.
Sorry i wanted some actual advice etc.

Yeah, you're right. It's a crush but one that is literally so big that it's taken over everything I do. It's not healthy.

If you're smart enough to be a student nurse then I think you're smart enough to get past this.

And you're right it's not healthy... because it's inappropriate while you're trying to get your grades - but it's totally normal to dig a silver fox.

What's more attractive than somebody who's already got their life together when you're trying to get yours going- PLUS they're hot. Honestly- it happens to us all.

You need to switch up your focus, if you're feeling relationship deprived maybe arrange some nights out with the girls and go meet some new people.
I agree with @Friffinghell. It's just a crush you have because you are sexually attracted to the way he looks. Don't worry, we've all been there ! But just remember, apart from knowing he is a Consultant [ which probably sounds very glamorous to you], you actually know nothing about this man. You can't possibly develop strong feelings for someone you don't know. What are his tastes in music and films? What are his political views? What type of sense of humour does he have? What are his values and morals? You only develop really strong feelings for someone when you get to know them in real life; private life away from work. Seeing as the two of you have never even held a conversation you cannot possibly know anything of importance about this man. EDIT . If he's very good looking, he's probably used to younger female members of staff drooling over him. You're probably not the first in his career he has encountered who feels this way about him, and he probably knows this.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by UWS
Does he wear a wedding ring? Have you ever spoken to him before? Try to speak to him if you can, even casually.

Also, leagues aren't a thing so stop thinking about that.

Hey thanks for this comment. The thing is that I'm quite weird in the sense that I look at home and then suddenly my brain says "DONT LOOK AT HIM" so I'm looking everywhere but him hence I haven't had the chance to see a wedding ring on his finger. Since he's a surgeon, even if he were married, he may not wear a ring.

And another thing, it's impossible to talk to him. There's a flock of senior nurses + junior doctors around him at all times. He's very well respected. Talking to him about a patient may be almost 10% possible but casually talking to him would be like wishing for a unicorn.

Society has created "leagues" unfortunately. To him, if he even knows me, I am certainly not in his league. :frown:
Reply 13
If you're smart enough to be a student nurse then I think you're smart enough to get past this.

And you're right it's not healthy... because it's inappropriate while you're trying to get your grades - but it's totally normal to dig a silver fox.

What's more attractive than somebody who's already got their life together when you're trying to get yours going- PLUS they're hot. Honestly- it happens to us all.

You need to switch up your focus, if you're feeling relationship deprived maybe arrange some nights out with the girls and go meet some new people.

What you said does make sense to me and I can't deny what you said is wrong because it's not. It's so hard to just stop thinking. I have been trying for weeks and I see no results. My mind somehow always diverts everything to him.

The thing is I DO know some stuff him. Not personally but from various sources an drew even things online. The things that I know make me more attracted. I wish I had not fed this infatuation in its initial days.

But thank you so much for your comment.
What you said does make sense to me and I can't deny what you said is wrong because it's not. It's so hard to just stop thinking. I have been trying for weeks and I see no results. My mind somehow always diverts everything to him.

The thing is I DO know some stuff him. Not personally but from various sources an drew even things online. The things that I know make me more attracted. I wish I had not fed this infatuation in its initial days.

But thank you so much for your comment.

It's really easy to fall in love with the idea of a person but you need to be able to separate the idea from reality.

It is getting tougher because in this day and age where everyone has a cultivated social media persona- it is easier to think that you know and understand somebody's likes and interests from what they have curated online. IRL people are a lot more complex - They still leave towels on the floor and they still have to deal with the same nonsense that the rest of us do!

I can highly recommend Game of Thrones. Jason Momoa is a wonderful way to take your mind off things!
Reply 15
Original post by markova21
I agree with @Friffinghell. It's just a crush you have because you are sexually attracted to the way he looks. Don't worry, we've all been there ! But just remember, apart from knowing he is a Consultant [ which probably sounds very glamorous to you], you actually know nothing about this man. You can't possibly develop strong feelings for someone you don't know. What are his tastes in music and films? What are his political views? What type of sense of humour does he have? What are his values and morals? You only develop really strong feelings for someone when you get to know them in real life; private life away from work. Seeing as the two of you have never even held a conversation you cannot possibly know anything of importance about this man. EDIT . If he's very good looking, he's probably used to younger female members of staff drooling over him. You're probably not the first in his career he has encountered who feels this way about him, and he probably knows this.

Hey :smile: I know some stuff about him even which made me even more atrracted. I am not saying this is love but i know this is first time I've time that I have been so crazy for a man twice my own age.

It's so embarrassing
He isn't out of your league, he's a man you're a woman, you are equals. But this sounds like a crush that's got quite intense.You don't actually seem to know much about him so isn't this all just in your imagination? It's not like you've really connected and can talk to each other for hours...I know crushes can be intense but I think it will pass when you meet someone you actually talk to and have a good time with.
If you haven't even had a conversation with the man you are not in love. You are in lust!

Nothing to be ashamed of to like older men at all!

Either start talking to him (only if he's single) simple hi and see if he talks to you if he does great try & see if anything happens if he doesn't have a conversation with you then he's not worth your time!
Reply 18
It's really easy to fall in love with the idea of a person but you need to be able to separate the idea from reality.

It is getting tougher because in this day and age where everyone has a cultivated social media persona- it is easier to think that you know and understand somebody's likes and interests from what they have curated online. IRL people are a lot more complex - They still leave towels on the floor and they still have to deal with the same nonsense that the rest of us do!

I can highly recommend Game of Thrones. Jason Momoa is a wonderful way to take your mind off things!

Yeah you're right people are more complex IRL. I guess I only see the qualities which I would like in my "perfect" match.

Can't believe I still havent watched GoT lol
Hey :smile: I know some stuff about him even which made me even more atrracted. I am not saying this is love but i know this is first time I've time that I have been so crazy for a man twice my own age.

It's so embarrassing

We've all been there. My first serious crush was on the male singer at the Moulin Rouge; Steve from Las Vegas. I was 19 and he must have been nearly 40. He was so handsome. He looked just like Clark Gable. He had the most dynamic personality, and I was at a few parties when he was also there. His personality was electric and he just lit up the room. He was about 6FT 2 and had also been a top male model, modelling for British Vogue magazine. He was also gay. Very gay. I spent my entire year at the Moulin Rouge sighing and drooling over him, and lamenting the cruelty of my falling for someone who would never, ever be interested in me. The only way I got over him was by meeting someone else.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending