The Student Room Group

Choices after sixty form

Can one go on to study more A level(s) after they have completed sixth form, perhaps at another facility, and if so would it cost money??
Reply 1
Original post by Bezzbezz2.111
Can one go on to study more A level(s) after they have completed sixth form, perhaps at another facility, and if so would it cost money??

If your sixth form allows you to take an extra year, yes but you'll probably be charged to sit the exams (you'll have to contact a member of staff, and ask about it since it's different at every sixth form) . If not, then you can just sit as a private candidate at another place and you'll have to pay.
Sixty form is lit.
I finished my GCSEs in 2015. During my 1st year of AS I fell ill, and then in my second year, I had an operation to rectify this. I am not 18 and I am starting my A levels at a local Sixthform college.

When I applied, the college informed me that they would receive funding for me, just not as much as a normal student. I had no issues getting back into the educational cycle.

Please note: I had not actually sat and A level examination at the time, I am unsure if the funding is just for your first set of A levels.

Quick Reply

Latest