The Student Room Group

How to move on from the past? IM STUCK ON HURT. HELP.

The past two and a half years haven't been great for me at all. I have had two failed relationships, I've been very sick (but got better) and my family are a bunch of non-understanding jerks who treat me like dirt (personal issues).

I have come to realise that I don't have many friends to count on and living at home is awful. I hate waking up everyday knowing I have no one to call on, go on holiday with, spend my Friday nights with. Nothing. My going numb.

I find myself snooping Instagram looking at other people's lives and they're all on holiday and going to festivals and all with their friends. It really pains me as I'd like the same too.

I vent my frustrations out on my family who don't understand what I am going through. I've decided that it is best to act civil towards them but not talk to them any longer regarding how I am/what I am up too. My mum doesn't care or ask to know why I feel this way which is quite funny because I actually think she ENJOYS me being miserable at home not having any friends to hang out with. I HAVE HAD IT TRYING TO EXPLAIN MY FRUSTRATIONS TO HER. I've care about her as my mother but I am DONE going above and beyond for her. Done so.

I'm making small improvements in my life to distance myself from my family (especially HER) like my knew job at Starbucks, going to the gym, finding student accommodation for next year (hoping to meet new people) and I am planning to go travelling too this winter. I decided that I wasn't going to take my mum anymore because I just find her inconsiderate.

I am TRYING SO HARD to move on from my past but sometimes I feel lonely.

How do I move on and also stop feeling like I need to compare my life with other people my age but it is really hard not too because they're doing all the things I wish I was doing.

My unsatisfying life hurts so bad, I cry most nights.
Original post by gamerchic
The past two and a half years haven't been great for me at all. I have had two failed relationships, I've been very sick (but got better) and my family are a bunch of non-understanding jerks who treat me like dirt (personal issues).

I have come to realise that I don't have many friends to count on and living at home is awful. I hate waking up everyday knowing I have no one to call on, go on holiday with, spend my Friday nights with. Nothing. My going numb.

I find myself snooping Instagram looking at other people's lives and they're all on holiday and going to festivals and all with their friends. It really pains me as I'd like the same too.

I vent my frustrations out on my family who don't understand what I am going through. I've decided that it is best to act civil towards them but not talk to them any longer regarding how I am/what I am up too. My mum doesn't care or ask to know why I feel this way which is quite funny because I actually think she ENJOYS me being miserable at home not having any friends to hang out with. I HAVE HAD IT TRYING TO EXPLAIN MY FRUSTRATIONS TO HER. I've care about her as my mother but I am DONE going above and beyond for her. Done so.

I'm making small improvements in my life to distance myself from my family (especially HER) like my knew job at Starbucks, going to the gym, finding student accommodation for next year (hoping to meet new people) and I am planning to go travelling too this winter. I decided that I wasn't going to take my mum anymore because I just find her inconsiderate.

I am TRYING SO HARD to move on from my past but sometimes I feel lonely.

How do I move on and also stop feeling like I need to compare my life with other people my age but it is really hard not too because they're doing all the things I wish I was doing.

My unsatisfying life hurts so bad, I cry most nights.

you want to know how to move on , become evil like me , people have treated me like ****, and my ex has broken my heart into a million pieces, people who are nice get stamped on, rise up and embrace the monster in you, ive begged my ex, asked her for forgiveness for stupid arguements i had ,told her how depressed i am, and she doesnt care, people are evil, so why not join them, become evil and do what you like thats how you get over it,
OP dont give this person any thought, who does he think he is for not considering my viewpoint to be important, do what makes you happy no matter the cost , people aernt perfect , theyre evil , you can either let people push you around or fight back
Reply 3
I kind of want to live my own life now on my own terms. I have had enough of my family. That's why moving out will give me that freedom. I really have no idea how to go about meeting new people, I don't even know clubs to join but I will look into some now. Thank you :smile:
Don't worry things will get better and you can PM me if you ever need anyone to speak to :smile:
Sit in the library and piss people off. It's fun
Have your phone go off all the time. Trust me that's happiness
especially when you piss the kids off.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending