The Student Room Group

Quick question regarding guarantors for private rented accommodation

Hello, I'd appreciate any advice on what I'm sure is a simple question.

I'm applying for privately rented accommodation (specifically, fresh student living in Reading). I will need to arrange for a guarantor.

When I find someone, what details will they need to supply? I understand that their role is to cover rent/damage costs in the event I am unable to pay. What I mean is, when tenancy agreements etc. are being signed, literally what details must they provide, e.g. proof of address, home ownership, credit rating?

Thanks in advance.
Reply 1
The Landlords will generally tell you what they will need to supple, or they will ask for a way to contact your said Guarantor and ask them for the details.
Original post by Miken Moose
Hello, I'd appreciate any advice on what I'm sure is a simple question.

I'm applying for privately rented accommodation (specifically, fresh student living in Reading). I will need to arrange for a guarantor.

When I find someone, what details will they need to supply? I understand that their role is to cover rent/damage costs in the event I am unable to pay. What I mean is, when tenancy agreements etc. are being signed, literally what details must they provide, e.g. proof of address, home ownership, credit rating?

Thanks in advance.[/QUO

Hello there, at Central Studios Reading we just ask for your guarantor's personal details such as Name, DOB, Address, Contact Number, Country of origin etc. after this is completed we will send a separate email to your guarantor asking them to confirm they wish to opt as your guarantor. If you are an international student you may use a guarantor from back home.

If you have any further questions please email us on [email protected]

Or call us on 0118 4021233
Reply 3
Thank you for your help!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending