The Student Room Group

What's easier?

I've already done a year of psychology and got an A but I'm changing other things and picking up history and either sociology or English literature. I'm not sure out of the last 2 what would be better for me to do in terms of getting the highest possible grade for uni?
Reply 1
I mean it really depends on a lot of factors; I just finished English lit, so I can answer any questions you have for it - which exam board would you be, if you decided to take it?
Reply 2
Original post by Leighamc
I mean it really depends on a lot of factors; I just finished English lit, so I can answer any questions you have for it - which exam board would you be, if you decided to take it?

I'm pretty certain it's aqa
Original post by LA1807
I've already done a year of psychology and got an A but I'm changing other things and picking up history and either sociology or English literature. I'm not sure out of the last 2 what would be better for me to do in terms of getting the highest possible grade for uni?

I just finished English Literature (AQA) and I found it to be enjoyable. AS was particually easy and fun in comparison to A2, although both years work allows for a variety of texts and being able to use your own ideas. I don't know much about Sociology, although I assume it's similar to psychology. Overall I'd say Lit.
Reply 4
Original post by srdavison123
I just finished English Literature (AQA) and I found it to be enjoyable. AS was particually easy and fun in comparison to A2, although both years work allows for a variety of texts and being able to use your own ideas. I don't know much about Sociology, although I assume it's similar to psychology. Overall I'd say Lit.

I've always enjoyed English, I'm also thinking of applying to Oxford and I suppose they'd respect English more than psychology

Quick Reply

Latest