The Student Room Group

Price for remarks and copies of A2 papers

Hi guys, since it's so close to results day and I want to be fully prepared. Does anyone know the price for remarks and photocopies of papers from exam board AQA,OCR and EDEXCEL?
Reply 1
It's whatever your school charges you. Edexcel is now providing them to schools for free, OCR charges about £11 and AQA nearer £13. Although in principle Edexcel providing scripts for free must be a good thing it risks the whole system collapsing under the weight of students asking for scripts just because they can - I normally process about 250 script requests. If everyone asks for their free ones this year it would mean I had to do more than 3000. That just isn't going to happen.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Compost
It's whatever your school charges you. Edexcel is now providing them to schools for free, OCR charges about £11 and AQA nearer £13. Although in principle Edexcel providing scripts for free must be a good thing it risks the whole system collapsing under the weight of students asking for scripts just because they can - I normally process about 250 script requests. If everyone asks for their free ones this year it would mean I had to do more than 3000. That just isn't going to happen.

How does the system work when you get a copy of your paper? Do you get a PDF file? How would you access it at home?
Reply 3
Original post by Quizlet
How does the system work when you get a copy of your paper? Do you get a PDF file? How would you access it at home?

Edexcel and OCR allow the centre to download a pdf of the requested script. In general centres then email that to the student (and the teacher if the student gives his permission). Last year AQA were still posting scripts out to centres - rubbish in a variety of ways as it takes days to get to the centre, someone has to be physically there to know what to do with it and then there's only 1 copy. Centres deal with this in different ways. Occasionally Edexcel and OCR ones get posted out too, normally because they had to be marked specially (e.g. laptop scripts, enlarged papers etc)

Quick Reply

Latest