The Student Room Group

Southampton Missed Call

I applied online to several different courses at the University of Southampton. I received a call from 023 8059 5000, which after looking online appears to be their main switchboard, and so potentially an admissions tutor? But unfortunately, I missed it as I was helping a family member in another room and didn't hear my phone go off The call was just before 6 as well so I couldn't call the main hotline.

I don't know what to do now, as although I have a confirmed place elsewhere, I really don't want to miss out on the opportunity of studying at Southampton Any ideas? I could call the clearing hotline tomorrow morning, but how could they know who the call was from anyway?

Stressed out of my mind
Reply 1
Take note of the time of the call and phone them tomorrow as soon as the line opens. They might be able to match who called you with the time.
Original post by hpiercey3
I applied online to several different courses at the University of Southampton. I received a call from 023 8059 5000, which after looking online appears to be their main switchboard, and so potentially an admissions tutor? But unfortunately, I missed it as I was helping a family member in another room and didn't hear my phone go off The call was just before 6 as well so I couldn't call the main hotline.

I don't know what to do now, as although I have a confirmed place elsewhere, I really don't want to miss out on the opportunity of studying at Southampton Any ideas? I could call the clearing hotline tomorrow morning, but how could they know who the call was from anyway?

Stressed out of my mind

they should have a record of who called you, it could be they wanted to give you a verbal offer perhaps.
Reply 3
Ah okay, yes that is a very good idea. Hopefully, they can trace it, and something comes of it! Thanks for your help! :smile: ^

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending