The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

No accomadation University of Surrey

Just got a place through clearing for the University of Surrey for psychology but there is no places left for accommodation. Anyone in the same position? STRESSED
Reply 1
Hey. This happens with clearing. Almost everyone who joined Surrey via clearing got their accommodation sorted before term stared but it took time. Contact accommodation services and they can advise you in more details in this regard.
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
Original post by riaxxx
Just got a place through clearing for the University of Surrey for psychology but there is no places left for accommodation. Anyone in the same position? STRESSED

Hi @riaxxx,

Congrats at getting a place at Surrey :biggrin:

Don't panic about accommodation. Although Clearing students are welcome to apply for halls, firm and insurance offer holders are given priority, so it's not likely that there will be places left for Clearing students. Therefore, the best option is to secure accommodation in the private sector. We have a dedicated Lettings team who are here to help advise you on how to go about getting off-campus accommodation. Have a read of the information on the website I've linked you, and if you still find yourself needing some extra advice then feel free to give the team a call on 01483681111 :smile:

Many students also get rooms through spareroom.co.uk - you can set the filters there to only show rooms available to students. Anything within the GU1 and GU2 postcodes should be within walking distance of the uni. GU3 and GU4 postcodes would be good if you wanted to cycle or didn't mind getting a bus into town and then walking 10 minutes to the uni. The surrounding towns of Woking, Godalming, Farnham and Aldershot are also viable options if you don't mind a short train journey to the uni. The train station is only a 10 minute walk from our main Stag Hill campus.

Hope this helps!

All the best,
Ashley
Original post by riaxxx

I'm in exactly the same position as you 😭😭😭
Original post by riaxxx

Extremely worried! I'm in the same position as you, looking for other undergraduates for are looking for a place to live😭 As accommodation isn't guaranteed!
Reply 5
Hi, I'm in the same position as you. I'm looking for accommodation close to the uni
Reply 6
hey, i also went through clearing for psychology and will be looking for accommodation! it's honestly stressing me out so much, i'm so worried i won't find anywhere/anyone to live with 😭
every year for the past 20 + years students at the majorityof HEIs have faced the same issues .... however wit the no shows, overbookings , overseas students not gettign their visa etc where a HEI offers accomodation for all new students nearly all of the get a place in accomodation within the first month
Reply 8
Hi, I've currently got into Surrey university through clearing however I have nowhere to live. Does anyone have a spare room available in a house/ does anyone want to rent a flat together?
Original post by zippyRN
every year for the past 20 + years students at the majorityof HEIs have faced the same issues .... however wit the no shows, overbookings , overseas students not gettign their visa etc where a HEI offers accomodation for all new students nearly all of the get a place in accomodation within the first month

Hi @zippyRN,

While some students who apply through Clearing may be lucky enough to get accommodation due to others dropping out, this is by no means guaranteed. Therefore, we strongly recommend that students who do not hold an offer for a room in halls find private accommodation to ensure they actually have somewhere to live at the beginning of term.

All the best,
Ashley
Original post by Tanzil.i
Hi, I've currently got into Surrey university through clearing however I have nowhere to live. Does anyone have a spare room available in a house/ does anyone want to rent a flat together?

Hi @Tanzil.i, @StudyQueen, @MuntahaAhmed25, @bcxn and @abibundy

Check out my comment at the top of the thread for advice on how to go about finding accommodation. There are also Facebook groups such as this one https://www.facebook.com/groups/StudentAccommodationSurrey/ and this one https://www.facebook.com/groups/571082443030715/ (which is an official University of Surrey Lettings group) where students and landlords advertise rooms available in their houses :smile: Don't panic - there are lots of ways to find accommodation off campus!

Hope this helps!

All the best,
Ashley
Reply 11
Original post by Tanzil.i

I am also looking for somewhere to live, let me know if there is space available for me too :smile:
Reply 12
In this position right now, have you guys had any luck?

Im starting Uni in sept doing business management

If anyone has a room available or wants to rent one together message me asap. Thanks.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by riaxxx

I'm exactly the same with nowhere to stay!! Any luck finding anything? Need to find people to say with.
I've got a single room available immediately in a 4 bed student house. Rent including bills is £525 per month. The house is situated in Franklin Court and is just 10 minutes walk from Manor park campus/ sports park and 15 minutes from stag hill campus.

The room is fully furnished with a single bed, wardrobe, desk and shelving unit. The room also comes with a large upstairs walk in cupboard.

The Communal areas consist of: a kitchen with plenty of storage, 2 fridges, a freezer and washing machine; a Living room / dining space; an upstairs and downstairs bathroom; Garden which traps the sun for the majority of the day and a shed which can be used for bike storage.

We are an easy going student household. Reply if interested.
(edited 5 years ago)
Hello guys i have a room in scape guildford i am looking for someome to replace my room its so close to vampus and city if ypu are insterested please contact me
Reply 16
Original post by riaxxx

I’ve received a deferred place but they may have spaces this year a d I’ll find out next Tuesday. If they do Ill be in the same position as you and I’ll have to find accommodation outside the campus😬
Room avaliable 5 mins walk from uni. Pls get in touch if interested

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending