The Student Room Group

Which is better?

Hi,
I am a Post Graduate from India, and I have received an offer from University of Surrey and University of Greenwich for the course of MSc in Strategic Marketing. I would like to know your opinions which university would be a better option in terms of exposure, opportunities, and employability for an International Student.
Hoping everyone is having a good day, Cheers!
(edited 6 months ago)
Surrey, definitely Surrey!
Hello,

Congratulations on receiving offers from both the University of Surrey and the University of Greenwich for your MSc in Strategic Marketing! It's great to hear that you have options and are considering them carefully. I can provide some insights as a student at the University of Surrey, but I want to emphasise that your decision should ultimately be based on your personal preferences and priorities.

The University of Surrey is known for its strong reputation in various fields, including marketing. Surrey is a well-regarded institution with a focus on employability, and it has excellent links with industry, which can provide you with valuable exposure and networking opportunities. Surrey's location in Guildford, which is a vibrant and relatively affluent town, can also offer a pleasant living environment.

I recommend visiting the campuses if possible or attending virtual information sessions to get a feel for the environment and interact with current students and faculty members. Speaking with alumni from both universities can also provide valuable insights into their experiences and outcomes.

Ultimately, the decision should align with your goals, preferences, and what you value most in a university experience. I wish you the best of luck in making your choice, and I hope you have a fantastic academic journey ahead! Feel free to reach out if you have more questions or need further assistance.

Thanks,
Sam (She/her)
MSc Psychology
(edited 6 months ago)
Original post by University of Surrey Student Rep
Hello,

Congratulations on receiving offers from both the University of Surrey and the University of Greenwich for your MSc in Strategic Marketing! It's great to hear that you have options and are considering them carefully. I can provide some insights as a student at the University of Surrey, but I want to emphasise that your decision should ultimately be based on your personal preferences and priorities.

The University of Surrey is known for its strong reputation in various fields, including marketing. Surrey is a well-regarded institution with a focus on employability, and it has excellent links with industry, which can provide you with valuable exposure and networking opportunities. Surrey's location in Guildford, which is a vibrant and relatively affluent town, can also offer a pleasant living environment.

I recommend visiting the campuses if possible or attending virtual information sessions to get a feel for the environment and interact with current students and faculty members. Speaking with alumni from both universities can also provide valuable insights into their experiences and outcomes.

Ultimately, the decision should align with your goals, preferences, and what you value most in a university experience. I wish you the best of luck in making your choice, and I hope you have a fantastic academic journey ahead! Feel free to reach out if you have more questions or need further assistance.

Thanks,
Sam (She/her)
MSc Psychology

Thank you so much for your time Sam. After a long process of researching and watching vlogs and other random stuff I decided to move forward with Surrey.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending