The Student Room Group

Medicine or Biomedical science?

So, i just finished my Alevel and was looking to get my undergraduate in biomedical science but my mom pointed out that job opportunities for research was very few in my country (Sri Lanka) and told me to do pre-med (Two years in SL and transfer to US) ..
can I transfer from medicine to biomedical after i finish med school?
What i eventually want to do is to be a health scientist..

Also is it possible to get into a med school in USA if i do bio medicine instead of pre-med? what if i dont get into med school? Is it better to just do biomedical science?
Plus, my alevel results are not that good : B - Bio, D- english, D- chem (I didnt do phy in high school but someone told me that was required so i might do it while doing pre-med?)
Original post by bleepop
So, i just finished my Alevel and was looking to get my undergraduate in biomedical science but my mom pointed out that job opportunities for research was very few in my country (Sri Lanka) and told me to do pre-med (Two years in SL and transfer to US) ..
can I transfer from medicine to biomedical after i finish med school?
What i eventually want to do is to be a health scientist..

Also is it possible to get into a med school in USA if i do bio medicine instead of pre-med? what if i dont get into med school? Is it better to just do biomedical science?
Plus, my alevel results are not that good : B - Bio, D- english, D- chem (I didnt do phy in high school but someone told me that was required so i might do it while doing pre-med?)

If you're wanting to work as a scientist I don't see why you want to do medicine or pre-med. With those A levels you won't be able to get into med school in the UK. I can't advise about the US though it may be doubtful. You want to do either an IBMS accredited biomed science degree (long route) or an HCPC accredited healthcare science degree (short and preferred route).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending