The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
lol i wish i could tell you! As people have said they dont ask you anything academic i wont do any of that but i want to do something to prepare apart from the obvious qns like why pharmacy etc. Errrm i think i might make a few questions up depending on the first presentation! And i think the interviews are like 5-10 mins! not long :smile:
Reply 21
well thats not bad. reading was 20mins. good luck x
Reply 22
yeah i can confirm because i had an interview last year that they will be informal, they just want to gauge what sort of person you are. they weren't even interviews just a random chat with a member of staff :wink: i had dr.upton but i think he retired this/last year, but he was awesome! :smile:

they'll ask the usual questions such as "why pharmacy", "why bath" etc. then probably go onto discuss stuff about your personal statement, but just relax and be yourself. they don't take long (approx. 5-10 mins)

you should also prepare some appropriate questions about the course and/or university.

so tomorrow; dress smartly because i remember when i went everyone were in suits and it gives a good impression. what they'll probably do is first give you a talk for about two hours then they split you into groups with some third/fourth year students and take on tour around the university. u'll also get a free lunch, i ate as much i could lol (greedy), took advantage. :biggrin: then afterwards you'll have your interviews.

but they maybe slightly different this year, don't take what i say as ultimate truth but its just my experience from what i remember :wink:

good luck!

root
Reply 23
thank u sooo much.. thats the same timetable 2mrw.. i hope its ok n not 2 nerve racking.. thank u again xx
Reply 24
not academic. Haha.
I got fried. That's how good it was.

So not getting in..
Reply 25
How come you got fried? :confused: what questions did they ask you??
Reply 26
yeh thats wha i wna knw. wa ques did they ask u?! mine went ok i guess .. i dno i hope lol xx
Reply 27
lol so how was it? :s-smilie: did you like the university/course?

the odd thing i found when i went (last year) was they didn't show any off the pharmacy department.
Reply 28
What's in a medicine?
Spent 10 minutes talking about that. I was so knocked off I couldn't answer it properly so I was like uh..the drug..uh..something to maintain it's shape..uuh.. Took a while before I choked out that it has antioxidants and preservatives etc in it as well. Oh and starch.
Mm.. not my day.
Reply 29
Poor you! I would have been so shocked if they had asked me something like that after saying nothing academic!! When did you have your interview?
Yeah they didnt show us the department either really... something to hide maybe :wink: just kidding
Reply 30
Had it yesterday. I *was* shocked. My face was just like :O ....uh?!
Bah, well. Nothing I can do now. Final interview at Nottingham on 30th Jan >.<
Reply 31
during your introduction talk don't they usually say those who are offered interviews usually get offers?

thats what they said when i went last year, but dr.upton was admission tutor last year, its someone else now isn't it?

@tunsten: don't worry you never know, they may have give you an offer, they probably most likely didn't expect you to know the answer but just testing your reasoning skills.
Reply 32
Were you one of the last ones to go to interview then? I bet you will still get an offer, btw did they say when they were going to tell us?
Good Luck with nottingham!!
yeah its someone called andy thompson now i thinkkk, he seems okay :smile: do you go to bath now?
Reply 33
no lol, i'm currently on a gap year just applying for pharmacy again but i had an interview at bath last year.

i remember dr.thompson i think he used to be the international admissions tutor last year. i will most likely be putting bath as my firm again this year :wink:
Reply 34
yeh they said in 2 weeks we should know :smile: x
Reply 35
Yeh, I was one of the last ones.
My interviewer told me we won't hear back from them till January cos' of Christmas and stuff? I don't really mind. I'll be waiting for them and UCL to get back to me :\
And thanks for the kind words :smile:
Reply 36
hey!
look dont worry.. im sure u'l do fine.. :smile: seriously!! dont worry bou it.. it was jus one of those questions to check 2 c wha u could do. it was unlucky but im suure u'l hear from them soon with A GOOD RESPONSE :biggrin::biggrin:
loveu xx
Reply 37
Woop! Conditional from Bath AAB! Anyone else heard? :smile: xx
Reply 38
Well Done!!
I got a Conditional from Bath too :biggrin:
AAB!! :O Lol

x
Reply 39
Well done to you too!! Do you think you will be able to get AAB? lol i was happy i got an offer but now thinking about it, its more like damn now how do i get it :p: xx

Latest

Trending

Trending