The Student Room Group

Taking bus 2 hours to college

Hello I will be taking bus for 2 hours to college 3 days a week is this too much? I drive and it's 40min but theirs no parking
This is a lot of time, 4 hours of travelling a day? You could drive and park locally, for example is it near a town?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by fxlloutboyy
This is a lot of time, 4 hours of travelling a day? You could drive and park locally, for example is it near a town?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not sure I will be finding that out tomorrow as I start tomorrow I'm just going to take bus but if I do find a local parking I'll defo drive if not I guess I have to deal with it ;(
Original post by stack__
Not sure I will be finding that out tomorrow as I start tomorrow I'm just going to take bus but if I do find a local parking I'll defo drive if not I guess I have to deal with it ;(

Is there a closer college you could go to?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
yeah could do that
I travelled 4 hours a day, using two buses to get to college, 4-6 days a week. Would get up at 5:30am to get ready to get to college at 9am.

It's possible, just tiring and gives you less time to do your work. Also very frustrating when you see kids getting a lift to college, when they live a 10 minute walk away from the college and would always be late with their assignments. Needless to say, I got a job and a car in my second year, but working the whole day, every Saturday was another pain, but at least I got more sleep. I also resat my Maths GCSE in the second year during my study days. Some weeks, I'd have college 4 days, Maths 1 day, work 1 day and then I would have to go to college on the Sunday to work on the farms.

I tried to let my teacher know that I was struggling because of travelling so much; I was so tired by the time I got home (I'd sleep on the bus sometimes) and only had a few hours left before it was bed time. But she said everyone was tired and to just deal with it. Everyone else were doing just 3-4 days a week, no job and no Maths resit.

However, I didn't realise I had chronic fatigue at this time and I need 9-10 hours sleep to feel functional the next day, so it's probably easier for healthy people.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by hannxm
I travelled 4 hours a day, using two buses to get to college, 4-6 days a week. Would get up at 5:30am to get ready to get to college at 9am.

It's possible, just tiring and gives you less time to do your work. Also very frustrating when you see kids getting a lift to college, when they live a 10 minute walk away from the college and would always be late with their assignments. Needless to say, I got a job and a car in my second year, but working the whole day, every Saturday was another pain, but at least I got more sleep. I also resat my Maths GCSE in the second year during my study days. Some weeks, I'd have college 4 days, Maths 1 day, work 1 day and then I would have to go to college on the Sunday to work on the farms.

I tried to let my teacher know that I was struggling because of travelling so much; I was so tired by the time I got home (I'd sleep on the bus sometimes) and only had a few hours left before it was bed time. But she said everyone was tired and to just deal with it. Everyone else were doing just 3-4 days a week, no job and no Maths resit.

However, I didn't realise I had chronic fatigue at this time and I need 9-10 hours sleep to feel functional the next day, so it's probably easier for healthy people.

Well I guess it's gonna be a struggle Ima see how it goes hopefully it won't be that bad and be quicker
is there anyone who lives nearby who can give you a lift?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending