The Student Room Group

College Dilemma

I recently chose and enrolled in my college, the only issue is the distance. It is considered one of the best in the country. I have a college which has lower pass rates and is considered less prestigious. I do not know if I'm considering uni and they both offer the courses I want to take. Today I got my timetable and from the second I step onto the bus until I leave the bus I will be there for eleven hours on Tuesday and Wednesday with a 3 hour study session in between. So I will get on my bus at 7.20am and get home at 6pm because it is a one hour bus trip. I could take the train but I have to take the bus to take the train and it will be a lot more money. I'd be fine with a 3 hour free apart from the fact I may have no friends for the first couple weeks and doubt I'll revise for three hours straight. I also don't think I'll be that motivated to study if that day if I'm coming home at 6 pm on Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday. Plus there'll be days where due to the bus I'll be in an hour before my class. My other choice for college (which I'm not sure I can go to this late) is only a short bus trip away and an even shorter drive. I have more friends going to the more prestigious college, the people there are better, the area is better, and it would be my dream college. Will the two ten-hour school days really affect my grades? Will the three-hour frees be useful? Or should I just opt for the other college and see if they'll let me in after enrollment?
I had a fairly similar time table to you in university Monday 9am-6 or 7pm depending on wether I had a lab Tuesday 10am-8pm (later changed to 9 am to 7pm thanks Mark) then 3 hours on Wednesday and I managed ok. You can use those 3 hour breaks to study and work on assignments and things it takes a bit of getting used to sure but once you get in to the swing of things you’ll be ok also as long as your keeping up you don’t have to do home work on those loooooooog days I barely ever did o should add though I had 2 days fully off and I did do work then. It sounds like the present collage is better for you and the only problem is your journey in which you will get used to. I’d stay at the present one and just take the journey it’s only 2 years then you’ve got uni or whatever you choose to do.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending