The Student Room Group

Decision by this weekend? So stressed, wanna rip my hair out! Can you help?

So I really need your help... just wanna rip my hair out :frown: so stressed and confused..

To cut the story short as possible...

Me and my ex been together 7 and a half years, water under the bridge same as every couple, he currently lives on his own 180 miles away and I'm currently living with my mum surrounded by family and friends... I came up here 3 weeks ago to visit family and last week we ended up breaking up because his insevurities were getting ahold of him and we agreed we wanted different things.
I got a call off him four nights ago, he was crying, apologising and saying he wants me to come back and have one final try. I have to make a decision by this Saturday and I'm going out of my mind, the longer I'm here the more confused I am... I would love for it to work with us but I don't have a lot of faith left as there's is a lot of things that would need to change and I'm giving up my life here again, where I live atm everything is on my doorstep whereas down there it's a little village in middle of nowhere and I only really have my partner. I feel like if I don't give it this final shot that will be the end of it for good as we both have to move on, but if I give it a final shot I'm not sure if it will work.

There is more info to this story but I don't wanna bore you, if you wanna ask anything feel free... I really don't know what to do and I know it's my decision, I do get advice off my friends but they just say it's difficult and there isn't a right thing to do... I get that but need advice desperately

Thanks in advance x
Reply 1
It all depends on what he did, what is he asking forgiveness for?
Why's there a deadline?

Just go with your gut. If it feels wrong then call it a day.
Reply 3
Original post by Ishax
It all depends on what he did, what is he asking forgiveness for?

Basically just for his insecurities and how he lets get them to him too much... we have had more problems than this but there's no gaurentee of it working just not sure if wanna take that last chance x
Reply 4
Original post by Crumpet1
Why's there a deadline?

Just go with your gut. If it feels wrong then call it a day.

He's meant to be bringing up my things and my cat this weekend... once they're here it's final and can't keep postponing it if you get me... :/

I don't know what my gut is sayin, how am I meant to tell lol, none of the decisions feel right x
Original post by Anonymous
He's meant to be bringing up my things and my cat this weekend... once they're here it's final and can't keep postponing it if you get me... :/

I don't know what my gut is sayin, how am I meant to tell lol, none of the decisions feel right x

It's not exactly sounding like a match made in heaven, but that could be the way you're describing it.
not really something which we can decide for you... personally I wouldn't move to the middle of nowhere like that, especially for someone who is so bad you've broken up... imo if you actually break up then the writing is on the wall really... but you have to decide what is most important to you, for some people that is their partner, and you have to decide how likely he is to change and whether that risk is worth it to you
I couldn't deal with signing up to a lifetime of clinginess because they're feeling insecure.

It's a nope from me.
What insecurities, about himself or him not trusting you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending