The Student Room Group

Advice Needed - Could this be a rebound?

This could become a long back story, but bear with it because I do need advice desperately.

Firstly, my relationship seems perfect, we've alresdy decided that when her current house lease is up next year we'll move in together, I've met her parents and we've done loads together, and a holiday booked.

Now, she was with her ex all through uni, just over 5 years. She told me throughout the last year there was no love and she felt they were more like friends, but she was so busy with final exams etc she didn't get round to having a talk with him. When they split up it was mutual, and she took just over a month before starting to date, apparently enough time due to her feelings for that last year. It had been about a month and a half after that break up I went on a date with her and 3 weeks later we got together.

I've since seen, she went to his parents on the other side of the country, Amsterdam, skiing and a double couple weekend away with him in this last year, with plenty couple-y photos. They also lived in the same house share, and she said they did nothing romantic, stayed in their own rooms etc. Her messages to him say stuff like "I'll come get my charger later, night babe" which says the opposite and it all seems like they were a full on couple. The Amsterdam trip was apparently to try and rekindle things between them...

I reckon I'm a rebound here. What do you think?
Congrats if you read this far too.
Rebounds are never a good idea. The fact that she took just over a month to get over a 5 year relationship is a clear indication that it is a rebound relationship. I think you should talk to her about it, keeping things to yourself in a relationship isn't a good idea in many cases. Good luck!!
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Rebounds are never a good idea. The fact that she took just over a month to get over a 5 year relationship is a clear indication that it is a rebound relationship. I think you should talk to her about it, keeping things to yourself in a relationship isn't a good idea in many cases. Good luck!!

We had an argument about it a couple of nights ago, because I raised this with her and she said "I can't change what's happened, but this is not a rebound at all, I wouldn't have done what I have, and planned what I have with you if it was" to which I replied that's kind of what rebounds are, a normal relationship for a few months until she realises she's good again.

Do you think it is one then?
Reply 3
You're a rebound.

Why on earth did she go on holiday with her exs and his parents? Even if they had kids, this still would be very weird. They most likely did something sexual anyway.

She could be using you to make her ex jealous.

Plus, how can she move on from a 5 year relationship in a month?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Ishax
You're a rebound.

Why on earth did she go on holiday with her exs and his parents? Even if they had kids, this still would be very weird. They most likely did something sexual anyway.

She could be using you to make her ex jealous.

Plus, how can she move on from a 5 year relationship in a month?

Crossed wires, she didn't go on holiday with her ex and his parents. She went with his to visit his parents and seperately went on holiday with him to try and repair things. Probably was, although I mentioned this and she said she felt no love for him any more by this point and so the attraction to do that wasn't there.
I thought as such since she wanted to be friends with him, but she has repeatedly said she wouldn't ever get back with him because they wanted different things.

Exactly my thoughts!
You're a rebound, get rid.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending