The Student Room Group

Ex recommended I hookup with people to cope with the lack of human affection and it a

I’m still in talking terms with him as we broke up because my mental health wasn’t so good and he still wants to be there for me. We spoke for the first time over VC two months after the breakup and I was just expressing to him I missed physical connection, I didn’t mean sexual necessarily I really just meant cuddling and stuff because I was touch starved before I met him and losing that connection is hard. And I wasn’t saying it to try to get him back or anything just expressing to him.

He just said maybe hug a pillow or go on tinder and find someone else for a night. This annoyed me and made me feel distraught, like I just didn’t feel like it was an appropriate and detached thing for the love of my life for 6 years to bring up, the fact that he’d just be oh yeah this is cool- and not be upset by the idea of it. And it also made me think this is a norm for him and going on a rebound soon after a relationship would be something he’d do. I told him I was upset about it, and he just said “well for you, I’m sorry you feel that way but I don’t get it” like he couldn’t empathise with it. The fact that he loved me so deeply and now makes such an out of touch statement hurts.
Original post by Anonymous
I’m still in talking terms with him as we broke up because my mental health wasn’t so good and he still wants to be there for me. We spoke for the first time over VC two months after the breakup and I was just expressing to him I missed physical connection, I didn’t mean sexual necessarily I really just meant cuddling and stuff because I was touch starved before I met him and losing that connection is hard. And I wasn’t saying it to try to get him back or anything just expressing to him.

He just said maybe hug a pillow or go on tinder and find someone else for a night. This annoyed me and made me feel distraught, like I just didn’t feel like it was an appropriate and detached thing for the love of my life for 6 years to bring up, the fact that he’d just be oh yeah this is cool- and not be upset by the idea of it. And it also made me think this is a norm for him and going on a rebound soon after a relationship would be something he’d do. I told him I was upset about it, and he just said “well for you, I’m sorry you feel that way but I don’t get it” like he couldn’t empathise with it. The fact that he loved me so deeply and now makes such an out of touch statement hurts.

He really don’t love you, he just found another girl and he doesn’t want you anymore that’s what boys do when they get another girl, don’t be sleeping around with other boys you just gonna become a *****, find a new bf that loves you
You're trying to hold your ex responsible for how you feel, but they aren't your partner anymore. If you didn't like their advice don't take it but no point in pouting and saying you didn't like what they said

Staying 'friends' with your ex is one thing, but that friend can't really help you get over the breakup they were part of.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending