The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Official University of Sussex Applicants 2018 Thread!

Scroll to see replies

Anyone on Pharmacy?
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Reply 161
Hii I’ve got a conditional offer for medical biosciences at Sussex. I’m from India. Anyone else in for the same course, do let me know :smile:
Original post by flatline
I'm from the US as well, and I'll be studying Econ & Fin should I accept the offer. Which state are you from boyo?

Right now I'm in Florida- you?
Original post by extrapancake
Right now I'm in Florida- you?

Well aren't you lucky, if I had your weather I wouldn't hate walking to College during this time of year! I'm In NE Pennsylvania, Curious, why exactly did you decide to go to the UK?
Well aren't you lucky, if I had your weather I wouldn't hate walking to College during this time of year! I'm In NE Pennsylvania, Curious, why exactly did you decide to go to the UK?

Oh I used to live in PA! Home state! I love England - I have family there and visit every year so decided to take the next step! You?
Original post by extrapancake
Oh I used to live in PA! Home state! I love England - I have family there and visit every year so decided to take the next step! You?

Oh you used to live in PA? Philly I take it? As per myself, I hadn't had it fully figured out in 12th grade what I wanted to do so I got to talking to a friend of mine who moved to Durham. He went on and on about the amazing tuition fees in the UK, when compared to the US. So I thought to myself this might just be an idea and took a flight by myself to the UK for a week. Other than being a tourist I visited numerous Universities which convinced me that I ought to come.

Plus I've some family in the UK as well so I thought it'd be the perfect opportunity to visit them, and do internships through a year in industry. It just came together, all from a short conversation had from my friend in Durham.
Oh you used to live in PA? Philly I take it? As per myself, I hadn't had it fully figured out in 12th grade what I wanted to do so I got to talking to a friend of mine who moved to Durham. He went on and on about the amazing tuition fees in the UK, when compared to the US. So I thought to myself this might just be an idea and took a flight by myself to the UK for a week. Other than being a tourist I visited numerous Universities which convinced me that I ought to come.

Plus I've some family in the UK as well so I thought it'd be the perfect opportunity to visit them, and do internships through a year in industry. It just came together, all from a short conversation had from my friend in Durham.

Nope you're wrong 😂 but your story sounds fun! Best of luck with it all!
Any Pharmacy applicants?
Original post by MedAdi
Hii I’ve got a conditional offer for medical biosciences at Sussex. I’m from India. Anyone else in for the same course, do let me know :smile:

I applied to do Medical Neuroscience, when did you apply?
Reply 169
I just accepted my offer for my masters in Psychology. I am from Dallas!
Does anyone know when you apply for accommodation?
Original post by ravengallop
Does anyone know when you apply for accommodation?

They should be sending links for housing application soon.. They said February so hopefully in the next week!
Original post by Benval705
They should be sending links for housing application soon.. They said February so hopefully in the next week!

You need to go and search for the application. I’ve already applied. There is a form online that you fill out :smile:
Hi Jubial. Which Masters in Psychology ? I accepted my offer for MSc. Foundations in Clinical Psychology and Mental Health! I am from the Caribbean :smile:
Original post by Jubial
I just accepted my offer for my masters in Psychology. I am from Dallas!
Reply 174
Original post by TriniAnna
Hi Jubial. Which Masters in Psychology ? I accepted my offer for MSc. Foundations in Clinical Psychology and Mental Health! I am from the Caribbean :smile:

Oh nice! Hey there! I'm doing Experimental Psychology, the conversion version of yours. My undergraduate was in Investment Finance. Maybe I will see ya around!
Ohh okay lovely. Most likely yes :smile:
Original post by Jubial
Oh nice! Hey there! I'm doing Experimental Psychology, the conversion version of yours. My undergraduate was in Investment Finance. Maybe I will see ya around!
Name: annie
Course: Bsc biomedical sciences
Predicted grades: AAAA
Also applying to: inperial, york, Edinburgh, kent,
Name: Jack
Course: Biology
Predicted: A*A*A*A*
Offers from Southampton, Sussex, Exeter and Birmingham.
Original post by Chloe070998
Same!!!! I didn’t get into Cambridge, but I’m actually so glad I didn’t!!!!! No I don’t think they have a fb page for offer holders, I think they do that after you’ve applied for accommodation so you can meet your flat mates :smile: apparently they are opening some new accommodation for 2018/19 because east slope is being demolished

I didn't get into Oxford for EP and now going to firm Sussex for Neuroscience and Spanish !
Hey, I'm Izzy,
I've made Sussex my firm choice for Media production and was wondering if anyone else here has 2 :smile: Also, anyone going to the open day next week?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending