Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hello

If you're thinking of applying to BCU for 2018 then this is the thread for you!

Let us know what you're thinking, meet other applicants and ask us any questions you might have - we're here to help. :hi:

To start things off, why not let us know the following...

What course would you like to apply for?

What are you most looking forward to about uni?

What are you most nervous about?

Are you coming to an Open Day?

Good luck with those applications!! :goodluck:

ReputationRep:
    What course would you like to apply for? - Criminology Policing and investigation.
    What are you most looking forward to about uni? - To meet the teachers, check the facilities and finally build my career through BCU!
    What are you most nervous about? -Not being able to reach the target or UCAS points. What kind of offer will I receive conditional or non- conditional. I really want to study at BCU.
    Are you coming to an Open Day? yes, I am coming to one in October.

If you don't mind can you explain how people get conditional or non- conditional offers. I know some people who received non-conditional offers but do not know how.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beautystyle12)
    What course would you like to apply for? - Criminology Policing and investigation.
    What are you most looking forward to about uni? - To meet the teachers, check the facilities and finally build my career through BCU!
    What are you most nervous about? -Not being able to reach the target or UCAS points. What kind of offer will I receive conditional or non- conditional. I really want to study at BCU.
    Are you coming to an Open Day? yes, I am coming to one in October.

If you don't mind can you explain how people get conditional or non- conditional offers. I know some people who received non-conditional offers but do not know how.
    Hey Beautystyle12!

That's a great course, you'd love studying that here!

Unconditional offers can be given if the tutor either thinks you wont have a problem meeting the requirements or sees something in your application that makes them give you an offer not depending on the outcome of your final grades. But it doesn't always mean your application isn't as strong if you receive a conditional offer, it might also depend on the course or number of people applying and the competition so try not to worry about that too much and just do your best! If you do have more questions about it you could speak to our admissions team at [email protected].

We look forward to meeting you at the Open Day! Are you local to Birmingham or traveling from elsewhere?

Lydia

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Birmingham City University)
    Hey Beautystyle12!

That's a great course, you'd love studying that here!

Unconditional offers can be given if the tutor either thinks you wont have a problem meeting the requirements or sees something in your application that makes them give you an offer not depending on the outcome of your final grades. But it doesn't always mean your application isn't as strong if you receive a conditional offer, it might also depend on the course or number of people applying and the competition so try not to worry about that too much and just do your best! If you do have more questions about it you could speak to our admissions team at [email protected].

We look forward to meeting you at the Open Day! Are you local to Birmingham or traveling from elsewhere?

Lydia
    I am local. Only one bus needed to take to reach BCU. I am just rally scared about my ucas points.
    Also, if I don't reach the requirements what will happen?
    I may be considering doing an access course to higher education- science in a college after my A-Levels. Does BCU accept that?
    Does BCU accept Btec for this course?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beautystyle12)
    I am local. Only one bus needed to take to reach BCU. I am just rally scared about my ucas points.
    Also, if I don't reach the requirements what will happen?
    I may be considering doing an access course to higher education- science in a college after my A-Levels. Does BCU accept that?
    Does BCU accept Btec for this course?
    That's easy then! So would you be living at home if you studied here or moving into halls?

If you did receive a conditional offer, you would have to meet those requirements, so hopefully you would. The typical offer for your course is 112 UCAS points and yes we accept BTEC, so that's D*D*, or your BTEC result combined with other level 3 qualifications, as long as it adds up to a total of 112. So if you're really worried you might not reach those grades, it's worth doing additional things like extended project etc to build up your UCAS points.
    We have more information on what qualifications and equivalents you'd need on the 'entry requirements' tab of the course page here. Or if you're still unsure our course enquiries team would be happy to advise you about access to higher ed courses as well, you can call them on 0121 331 5595.

Lydia

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.