The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College London (KCL) ~ Accommodation for 2018 Entry

This thread will be used for all queries and discussion on KCL accommodation, be it specific residences or just concerns regarding living out/adjusting in general.

I can answer any questions regarding it, as I lived out for a year at Great Dover Street Apartments during 2013-14

Information in general regarding accommodation can be found here: http://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/accommodation/index.aspx

Fees for 2017/18 entry are here: https://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/accommodation/residences/Residence-Fees.aspx

Once the 2018/19 fees are released I'll edit them in here, but for now, the 2017/18 prices should serve as a rough estimate as to how much you'll be paying.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi! I'm really interested in applying to kings for the 2018 entry onto the nursing programme, which I believe is either in guys campus or Waterloo, I've looked at the prices and I mean they are a lot! Where would you honestly recommend me to apply for and where should I live. I should tell you neither of my parents are going to be helping me financially, so I'm just going to be saving up money and taking out a big loan to live from, so I would really want to know how I could make living possible 🙈 I know it's expensive, but kings is my dream uni. Thank you in advance :smile:
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by Rdrdrh96
Hi! I'm really interested in applying to kings for the 2018 entry onto the nursing programme, which I believe is either in guys campus or Waterloo, I've looked at the prices and I mean they are a lot! Where would you honestly recommend me to apply for and where should I live. I should tell you neither of my parents are going to be helping me financially, so I'm just going to be saving up money and taking out a big loan to live from, so I would really want to know how I could make living possible 🙈 I know it's expensive, but kings is my dream uni. Thank you in advance :smile:

Hey, Kings is also my first choice for adult nursing. can I ask what branch of nursing are you applying for and how is writing your personal statement going?
Aren’t we supposed to get in first before worrying about accommodation ?

My advice would to be to go to the Uni that's best for you and your course, regardless of whether it's your dream university or not.
Reply 5
Original post by CaptoonHunch
My advice would to be to go to the Uni that's best for you and your course, regardless of whether it's your dream university or not.

It is good for my course and so that's why I'm considering it! But thanks for the advice
Reply 6
Original post by Arzooshaikh
Aren’t we supposed to get in first before worrying about accommodation ?

Yes you're right, but these things should all be considered when applying otherwise you would be hopeless when it comes to making a choice of what to put as your firm. I'll never understand why some people have to be so harsh when asking a simple question, yes I should get an offer first, but I was only asking a simple question! It's nice to be nice :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by smiliyy
Hey, Kings is also my first choice for adult nursing. can I ask what branch of nursing are you applying for and how is writing your personal statement going?

Hey!! I want to go into adult nursing too, and my personal statement is okay, only done 2 paragraphs and even then they need rewording and sorting out, I'm kind of stuck tbh, but lots of things online have different kinds of personal statements that present the right idea of why they choose nursing, I've still got a long way to go with mine. How's yours going? :smile:
Yes you're right, but these things should all be considered when applying otherwise you would be hopeless when it comes to making a choice of what to put as your firm. I'll never understand why some people have to be so harsh when asking a simple question, yes I should get an offer first, but I was only asking a simple question! It's nice to be nice :smile:

Omg no!!! I’m extremely sorry if this went across the wrong way - kings is my dream school and I’m applying here for dentistry too! If I get in, I’m going to immediately join this forum (hope so)
I was merely wondering and it’s great that someone put this thread up for help, and I’m reallly sorry for that!
Reply 9
Original post by Arzooshaikh
Omg no!!! I’m extremely sorry if this went across the wrong way - kings is my dream school and I’m applying here for dentistry too! If I get in, I’m going to immediately join this forum (hope so)
I was merely wondering and it’s great that someone put this thread up for help, and I’m reallly sorry for that!

Oh sorry then, i thought you were criticising me for saying something I shouldn't, but yes it's mine too!! Hopefully it works out and I get accepted 🙈 Fingers crossed we all do!!
Reply 10
Hey!! I want to go into adult nursing too, and my personal statement is okay, only done 2 paragraphs and even then they need rewording and sorting out, I'm kind of stuck tbh, but lots of things online have different kinds of personal statements that present the right idea of why they choose nursing, I've still got a long way to go with mine. How's yours going? :smile:

yeah, there are a lot of help online. I think I am done now after 3 drafts. I am just in the process of showing it to friends to look over it. I am 22 so I don't have any teachers to help me or look at it but am glad it sort of done now.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by smiliyy
yeah, there are a lot of help online. I think I am done now after 3 drafts. I am just in the process of showing it to friends to look over it. I am 22 so I don't have any teachers to help me or look at it but am glad it sort of done now.

Yeah I'm a little old too, I'm 21, but I'm currently doing the access course and so tutors really help you out, but I'm glad it's going well! Sounds good :smile:
How sociable is wolfson house and how often is it cleaned?
Does it have WiFi?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 13
Hey guys. I am leaving my room at Moonraker Point (15 min walking distance to Waterloo Campus and 25 min walking distance to Strand campus) at the beginning of April so if anyone is interested let me know.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Milos24
Hey guys. I am leaving my room at Moonraker Point (15 min walking distance to Waterloo Campus and 25 min walking distance to Strand campus) at the beginning of April so if anyone is interested let me know.

Sorry I'm not interested in the room in April, but i was wondering whether you can tell me what the moon raker halls are like as I'm going to be applying for my accommodation soon and want to be somewhere thats social?
I’m an offer holder for English language and linguistics (the strand building) so where would be the best and most fun one for me?

Thanks!
i am offered with a neuroscience msci and it's located at guy's campus. i've scouted the accomodation closest to the campus and the review for wolfson house is not that good. is there anymore accomodation close to the campus?
Original post by sknhrmli
i am offered with a neuroscience msci and it's located at guy's campus. i've scouted the accomodation closest to the campus and the review for wolfson house is not that good. is there anymore accomodation close to the campus?

Great Dover Street Apartments is about a 10 min walk from Guys campus, 5mins on bike.
Original post by Blackninja123
Great Dover Street Apartments is about a 10 min walk from Guys campus, 5mins on bike.

how's the room there? and what is the price for an ensuite bedroom? i tried searching for a room in that part of town but the price is just too much for me 😭😭😭
En-Suite is £199 weekly & Large En-Suite £205 weekly.

Quick Reply

Latest