The Student Room Group

Not sure I want to go to uni... Advice? URGENT!!

[removed]
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by jupiter63
I'm due to start uni in 2 weeks doing a drama course. It is very far from where I currently live at the moment, but that does not bother me. Since getting my offer for the course, my love for the subject has kind of gone and I feel that now I don't want to go, but I genuinely feel like I'd be letting my family down if I don't go. I don't have any immediate plans and I'd effectively be living with family with no money whatsoever, but everything is so messy in my mind and I just don't know what to do with myself. Should I defer until I know what I want? Or should I just go and do something I don't love as much as I used to, purely because it seems my only option? Any help would be much appreciated!

Don't spend thousands of pounds on something you don't enjoy because you think your family will be let down. It's your education, not theirs.
Reply 2
I am in the same situation however it's more of me being put off of the whole idea of university because the university I have applied for is still considering my application for nearly a month now. I'm supposed to move in tomorrow but I've decided to not go anymore as I can't move in with the knowledge that I could be rejected. This whole situation has general made me lose so much confidence on myself and it has also lost my motivation to study. I don't think I am ready to get a degree just yet. I just finished my 3rd year of sixth form as I have resat. I feel like school push you to go to university and it seems like there's no other options. I am yet to find what I really want to do with my future so I decided to take a year off of education, I'm planning on reapplying next year and hopefully this year out will give me motivation! Anyways, You're not alone!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending