The Student Room Group

please help me i kinda screwed up

Hi, I am a 17-year-old female, and I have screwed up big time. So basically my family is very protective of me, and I love them very much, but sometimes I need to have fun, and what I call fun always disappoint my family no matter what. My most recent issue is that they found out about this guy I just started dating. But they only know his name I told them I don't know him, and I don't know how he got on my phone. So today my dad said he's going to find out who he is and if he has any slight connection to me, my dad is going to kill me. (btw I'm not allowed to associate with any males), and they always keep saying that I'm going to drop out of college and be a useless human being. I hate being a **** up, but I can't help it because I'm trapped in a house all the time and I not allowed to see my friends outside of school because they don't want me to. This guy I'm dating is amazing I may sound stupid when I say he loved every part of me I mean every part. Yesterday I and spicy (not his real name) skipped class and ****ed, but the funny thing is my teacher is friend with my dad who also teaches at the university I attend, so fingers crossed he doesn't tell him so basically I have no freedom in college. I want to be with this man so badly, but with my current situation; I'm not able to. Please give me advice in desperate.
You have not screwed up at all! I'd say that you're only being a teenager.

I'm sorry to admit it, but it definitely seems like your parents are being in the wrong. They should not restrict you from having a boyfriend or meeting your friends. You're 17 now, not 6! Maybe you should speak to your family calmly and tell them how you feel. If nothing happens, then maybe you might have to wait until you move out.

Although, I would definitely not feel bad if you had sex with your boyfriend - or the fact that you even have a boyfriend. You're 17, the legal sex age is 16!
Reply 2
Original post by spicy5178
Hi, I am a 17-year-old female, and I have screwed up big time. So basically my family is very protective of me, and I love them very much, but sometimes I need to have fun, and what I call fun always disappoint my family no matter what. My most recent issue is that they found out about this guy I just started dating. But they only know his name I told them I don't know him, and I don't know how he got on my phone. So today my dad said he's going to find out who he is and if he has any slight connection to me, my dad is going to kill me. (btw I'm not allowed to associate with any males), and they always keep saying that I'm going to drop out of college and be a useless human being. I hate being a **** up, but I can't help it because I'm trapped in a house all the time and I not allowed to see my friends outside of school because they don't want me to. This guy I'm dating is amazing I may sound stupid when I say he loved every part of me I mean every part. Yesterday I and spicy (not his real name) skipped class and ****ed, but the funny thing is my teacher is friend with my dad who also teaches at the university I attend, so fingers crossed he doesn't tell him so basically I have no freedom in college. I want to be with this man so badly, but with my current situation; I'm not able to. Please give me advice in desperate.

IMHO> you need to get a salable degree before you worry about 'hooking up' with someone. What do you do if you end up preggy? How will you support your child? Often the guy 'goes missing'. What then?? If you HAD a salable degree, say in IT, and you were making £40,000 to 50,000, which is possible in that field, you could hire childcare, and afford to live on your own. I gather that this is not the situation now, and that your 'rents are not independently wealthy. Given that, i would advise waiting until something like that IS the case, and you have a better chance of supporting yourself. Bear in mind that in the west, over 50% of marriages end in divorce. In the majority of cases, particularly if the children are small, the woman ends up with them. You have to hire child care whilst you work, in most cases. I suspect that your 'rents are attempting to keep you from making a serious mistake here. I know the 'hormones are running' - just wait a few years until you are on a sound financial footing - or at least a more sound one than you are now. Cheers.
Original post by spicy5178

You're not a **** up. Your parents are the ones who are ****ing up. Your parents are definitely being excessively controlling. You're 17 for goodness' sake. Legally you can drive and have sex. Being denied contact with anyone who possesses a Y-chromosome is just plain wrong, and it's probably detrimental to your social life.

If you can, speak to someone you trust at college (probably not that teacher who's friends with your dad). As for the relationship, make sure he uses a condom. A baby's pretty difficult to hide.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending