The Student Room Group

wording of a book title in personal statement

If I need to write the title of this book "Why does e=mc^2? (and why should we care?)” do I need to write the full title? Also do you include the author?
When writing the "squared" part, have I written it correctly? Sorry for being picky aha
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by math24601
If I need to write the title of this book "Why does e=mc^2? (and why should we care?)” do I need to write the full title? Also do you include the author?
When writing the "squared" part, have I written it correctly? Sorry for being picky aha

I'd say the abbreviated title is fine, but include the author. Also yes, that's the right notation, though check if it allows you to put in actual superscript or not.
Reply 2
That's great thank you! Also there are 2 authors so do I have to put both? I fear this book may take up too much room :/
Original post by Ed5
I'd say the abbreviated title is fine, but include the author. Also yes, that's the right notation, though check if it allows you to put in actual superscript or not.
Reply 3
Original post by math24601
That's great thank you! Also there are 2 authors so do I have to put both? I fear this book may take up too much room :/

It would seem odd to only note one author. Maybe abbreviate their first names?
I highly doubt the way a book is referenced or even the mention of it will matter at all
Reply 5
Ah good idea, thank you. You have helped a lot.
Original post by Ed5
It would seem odd to only note one author. Maybe abbreviate their first names?
Reply 6
I just want it to be correct.
Original post by Miss Charlie
I highly doubt the way a book is referenced or even the mention of it will matter at all

Quick Reply

Latest