The Student Room Group

Grading system confused?

If I got B in a subject in AS and B in same subject in A2, will it consider as A or B in overall?
Since I heard if I got an A in AS and A in same subject in A2 then that would be A*.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by kundanad
If I got B in a subject in AS and B in same subject in A2, will it consider as A or B in overall?
Since I heard if I got an A in AS and A in same subject in A2 then that would be A*.

If the subject spec is modular then AS and A2 are added together. They both count as 50%.

If the subject spec is linear then then As and A2 are separate. A2 counts for 100% of the marks. As is a separate qualification.

A B at both levels will be a B. No idea why you think it could be an A?

Your other example would be an A. No idea why you think it could be an A*?
Reply 2
Original post by kundanad

Are you in England?
What subjects are you doing and when are you going to finish them?

For modular A levels all that matters is the UMS marks. You just add them together and work out what grade it is but a B at AS and a B at A2 is bound to be a B.

For linear A levels there is no A2. there is AS level and there is A level. The AS grade does not contribute to the A level grade
Reply 3
Original post by 999tigger
If the subject spec is modular then AS and A2 are added together. They both count as 50%.

If the subject spec is linear then then As and A2 are separate. A2 counts for 100% of the marks. As is a separate qualification.

A B at both levels will be a B. No idea why you think it could be an A?

Your other example would be an A. No idea why you think it could be an A*?

Oh okay. Thanks
Reply 4
Nope. I am in Nepal doing A levels.
My subjects are General Paper (AS), Maths, Physics and Computer Science. Just dropped Chemistry since I found it difficult with 4 A levels subjects and which I think won't need for Computer Science degree.
Its CIE board. So I am not sure if it is linear or modular. My coordinator said AS and A2 grades will add up so.
Original post by Compost
Are you in England?
What subjects are you doing and when are you going to finish them?

For modular A levels all that matters is the UMS marks. You just add them together and work out what grade it is but a B at AS and a B at A2 is bound to be a B.

For linear A levels there is no A2. there is AS level and there is A level. The AS grade does not contribute to the A level grade

Quick Reply

Latest