The Student Room Group

What do you typically do with your lecture notes?

I have notes and I got three textbooks. Is it a good idea to use the textbook do make better detailed notes. I am doing this for a multiple choice test I have (not for an essay). Are exams based of the contents/questions set in a lecture? I'm doing geography.
Original post by Mitt1
I have notes and I got three textbooks. Is it a good idea to use the textbook do make better detailed notes. I am doing this for a multiple choice test I have (not for an essay). Are exams based of the contents/questions set in a lecture? I'm doing geography.

Are exams based on the contents/questions of a lecture? Yes. Can they ask questions beyond the content? Depends on the lecturer and unit - usually lectures are kind enough to tell you what to expect in the exam around this.

If your textbook seems useful then it's worth reading and picking out key points to add to your lecture notes.
this is where my notes go..

Reply 3
Original post by Mitt1

I did a few option geography modules in my first year, I found that the lectures usually had enough information, I only used the textbook if the lecturer was really vague about a concept/process and put a few extra points in my notes.

You'll soon figure out, especially at the end of the year, that it is almost impossible to learn everything, so don't make your notes too detailed because its pointless.

As for exams, YES, they are based on the lecture content unless it's state otherwise. If you have set reading I would skim through and see if there are any new concepts mentioned, if so jot down a few points about the new things and I tend to leave the stuff already taught alone.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending