The Student Room Group

Foundation stand-alone application process

Hello everyone!
I am a final year medical student from EEA country, this February-March applying for F1 with Foundations stand-alone programme.
I was wondering if there is someone who has applied via this programme before or is planning to apply.

In the application process, I've noticed that there is no SJT exam and the overall score is based only on the interview. Can you please give me some advice on the best ways to prepare.

Thanks in advance!

Scroll to see replies

Hi Adrenalina,
How is your application process. I hope you will get in the system.
Can you please advice if you have managed to find more information about Standalone foundation program.

The application on Oriel are opening on from 1st Feb - 28th Feb 2018, so this would be the opportunity to get your application in, I am not sure what documents are needed to be uploaded before the application , You are correct there is no SJT for the process,the system looks very crude so far to me.

Regards
Biba

Original post by Adrenalina_1
Hello everyone!
I am a final year medical student from EEA country, this February-March applying for F1 with Foundations stand-alone programme.
I was wondering if there is someone who has applied via this programme before or is planning to apply.

In the application process, I've noticed that there is no SJT exam and the overall score is based only on the interview. Can you please give me some advice on the best ways to prepare.

Thanks in advance!
Make sure IELTS is done , you need 7.5 in each section.
Reply 3
Hi guys!
Does anyone know what the interview will be like?
I have my interview soon

I think the general layout is
1 or 2 general questions about team/communicaiton/leadership question (when have you shown these traits)

a clinical scenario - probably a case of an acutely deteriorating patient - check out the emergency section of OHCM

what experience you have working in the NHS

and what do you think the job as an FY1 entails
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by confused1235
I have my interview soon

I think the general layout is
1 or 2 general questions about team/communicaiton/leadership question (when have you shown these traits)

a clinical scenario - probably a case of an acutely deteriorating patient - check out the emergency section of OHCM

and what experience you have working in the NHS

Thanks! i have mine on the 18th of this month, best of luck!
Original post by Invicala
Thanks! i have mine on the 18th of this month, best of luck!

you too buddy
How did your interviews go today? Difficult clinical scenarios? :smile:
anyone going for the F2 stand alone?
Whats the interview like?
Original post by anonymous211
How did your interviews go today? Difficult clinical scenarios? :smile:

struggled a bit in some parts. Especially the ethics scenario at the end. Clinical scenario went Ok - was anaphylaxis
Original post by Anonymous
struggled a bit in some parts. Especially the ethics scenario at the end. Clinical scenario went Ok - was anaphylaxis

same here, ethics really threw me off, i'm worried that i didn't do enough in general to be considered appointable, how strict are they with the criteria?
hey has anyones application status changed on oriel? do you know what interview complete means? anyone says they are successful and have their rankings?
Original post by kale1234
hey has anyones application status changed on oriel? do you know what interview complete means? anyone says they are successful and have their rankings?

mine says the same too, i'm sure they will change around 3-4pm GMT as thats when i received the email about the long listing outcome.
Hi guys, I got interview complete but my score is 31/60 and also 51%. Do I stand a chance at all to get an offer?
Original post by MedicsGee
Hi guys, I got interview complete but my score is 31/60 and also 51%. Do I stand a chance at all to get an offer?

I thought that regardless of rank, you got a job offer if your interview was successful or not
I thought that regardless of rank, you got a job offer if your interview was successful or not

No doc. There are other things to be considered like the overall score of the people interviews that day and if u have right to work in UK or not. Although others will be considered without right to work if there is still space.
Does anyone know any doctor that has been accepted into F1 stand alone with 51 % score?
Ah I see, Some people who had a Skype interview had a score out of 120... not sure if this was the general trend.
Original post by MedicsGee
Does anyone know any doctor that has been accepted into F1 stand alone with 51 % score?

Wait till you get your rank. That will provide a clearer picture
Hi guys!
Does anyone know what the interview will be like?

Hey invicala,

How did the interview go? And did you get your results?

Latest