The Student Room Group

UCL Postgraduate Applications 2018/2019

Scroll to see replies

Original post by moominlikegirl

Hi guys!

I would like to know if 1. we can apply 2 courses at the same time and
2. the longer the waiting time, does it mean that we are more likely to get a rejection?
3. Is this a busy period for UCL admission as my friend applied the same Msc course earlier this year and got an offer within a week. It's been 3 weeks for me and nothing yet..

If anyone could answer my question I would be very grateful.

Hi, have you heard from UCL yet?
Anyone with an offer for Msc Conservation (or similar courses)? Would love to link up before the course starts!
Original post by emilyuni
Im still waiting for my CAS! Applying for a tier 4 visa will take pretty long so I'm hoping to get it soon..Anyone else got it yet?

I'm still waiting too!
Original post by Mehrrrr
I'm still waiting too!

I've received my CAS. Which country are you applying from?
Original post by FBSO
Hello!

I have been accepted to UCL for the MSc in Computer Science (2018/2019).

Is there a Facebook group for the people who have been accepted?
If not, do you think it is a good idea to create one?

Many thanks.

I can't seem to find any group, if you do let me know, I'd be glad to talk to fellow students before joining in September!
Has anyone received their accommodation offers yet?
Original post by Silky91
I've received my CAS. Which country are you applying from?

India, what about you?
I just received an unconditional offer for an MRes in Drug Design. I got an email saying it from the programme director to accept the offer however my portico hasn't updated, it still says 'being processed by admissions' so I'm unable to accept it. Anyone else go through something similar? How long does it take to update? Hopefully this isn't a mistake.

Edit: Unconditional offer just came through Portico! Surprised there was no interview or anything.
Summary: Created application around early June. Nightmare getting one of the references. Both references finally went through Early July. Two week wait. Changed to 'being considered by department'. Got an email with an unconditional offer from the Mres programme director today
Any international student here still waiting for their CAS? I'm starting to get pretty worried for my visa now! Called UCL and they said it'd be another 10 days of waiting. Argh.
Hi! Yes, I received my accomodation offer on tuesday.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 730
Hi, has anyone applied for the clinical and public health nutrition course? Or know someone who has done it?
Original post by LJLT6512
I just received an unconditional offer for an MRes in Drug Design. I got an email saying it from the programme director to accept the offer however my portico hasn't updated, it still says 'being processed by admissions' so I'm unable to accept it. Anyone else go through something similar? How long does it take to update? Hopefully this isn't a mistake.

Edit: Unconditional offer just came through Portico! Surprised there was no interview or anything.
Summary: Created application around early June. Nightmare getting one of the references. Both references finally went through Early July. Two week wait. Changed to 'being considered by department'. Got an email with an unconditional offer from the Mres programme director today

Congratulations! If I am successful we might have some modules together!

I received a conditional offer for MRes in Molecular Modelling and Materials Science (M3S) at UCL. It's been 9 working days since i submitted the second evidence proving that I meet the conditions of the offer. My status just changed from 'Conditional offer accepted' to 'Application being processed by admissions'.

The first time they requested my transcript as a prove that I got at least upper second class. I uploaded it in portico. Then in a couple of weeks time they replied that this doesn't prove that I was awarded the degree so I uploaded my certificate as well.

Hopefully my offer will change to unconditional at midnight. Fingers crossed!
Original post by Copper182
Congratulations! If I am successful we might have some modules together!

I received a conditional offer for MRes in Molecular Modelling and Materials Science (M3S) at UCL. It's been 9 working days since i submitted the second evidence proving that I meet the conditions of the offer. My status just changed from 'Conditional offer accepted' to 'Application being processed by admissions'.

The first time they requested my transcript as a prove that I got at least upper second class. I uploaded it in portico. Then in a couple of weeks time they replied that this doesn't prove that I was awarded the degree so I uploaded my certificate as well.

Hopefully my offer will change to unconditional at midnight. Fingers crossed!

Yes, hopefully! I didn't bother chancing it and uploaded everything to do with my degree certificate. I only know one other person doing the same MRes /modules as me so nice to hear from another face!
Original post by Mehrrrr
Anyone with an offer for Msc Conservation (or similar courses)? Would love to link up before the course starts!

I'm going to be doing Climate Change, it's in the same subject department so we may end up studying some of the same modules :smile:
Original post by LJLT6512
Yes, hopefully! I didn't bother chancing it and uploaded everything to do with my degree certificate. I only know one other person doing the same MRes /modules as me so nice to hear from another face!

I got the unconditional so... see you in September! :smile:
Congratulations!!! I'll see you then man!
Original post by Mehrrrr
India, what about you?

Hi Mehr, I'm from Pakistan! Haha feels great to connect. Any news on your CAS yet? I still haven't got mine.
Original post by PoopMcGee
I'm going to be doing Climate Change, it's in the same subject department so we may end up studying some of the same modules :smile:

Ah, that’d be great. Where are you from?
Original post by Iamhugh
Hi Mehr, I'm from Pakistan! Haha feels great to connect. Any news on your CAS yet? I still haven't got mine.

Oh hello neighbour! I haven’t gotten mine either. Hopefully by Monday. What are you doing your Masters in?
Original post by Mehrrrr
Oh hello neighbour! I haven’t gotten mine either. Hopefully by Monday. What are you doing your Masters in?

Oh that's a relief to hear. Looks like we're all in the same situation here. I'll be studying Architectural History!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending