The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster University 2018 Applicants

I realised there is no thread for this yet (or at least I couldn’t find one) so I decided I’d make one!

This is a thread for anyone applying to Lancaster University for 2018 entry. Fill out the below form to let everyone know a bit about you!

Name:
Course:
Predicted Grades:
Other Universities:

Also if you have already received an offer let us know!

As for me,

Name: Emily
Course: Mathematics and Computer Science
Predicted Grades: A*AA (and already achieved an A* in an Extended Project)
Other Universities: Oxford, Bristol, Durham and Leeds

I have already sent off my application but still waiting to hear back, it’s only been a few days and I’m not sure how quick Lancaster are with offers.

UPDATE: I recieved a conditional offer of AAB from Lancaster on 30/10/17!

I wish you all the best of luck and start posting! :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Name: Leo
Course: History
Predicted Grades: A*AA
Other Universities: Oxford, Exeter, UEA, Birmingham.

I'm sending mine off this weekend, I think! Really excited about the possibility of doing the minor subjects and also Lancaster looks so pretty.
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Course: Computer Science (MSci) and Management with Information Technology
Predicted Grades: D*,D*,D*, A
Other Universities: Manchester, Leeds Beckett, UCLAN

I really want to go to Lancaster I went to the open day and the campus was beautiful :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Name : Tom
Course : Economics and International Relations
Predicted Grades : AAA
Other Universities : Nottingham, Birmingham, Sussex, Bristol

Lancaster is definitely my first choice though, the campus and city look great!
Name: Hafsa
Course: Law
Predicted grades: A*A*A (already have A* in EPQ)
Also applying at: Cambridge, Manchester, KCL, Warwick

Lancaster is my back-up option but I love the campus!
Course: Mathematics
Predicted Grades: A*AA or A*AB (not had confirmation yet) in Maths, Further Maths and Physics
Other universities: Durham, Newcastle, York and Leeds

Was considering Lancaster for my insurance choice but after going to both Newcastle’s and Lancaster’s Open Days I definitely much preferred Newcastle :yep: Will be applying in the next couple of weeks! :afraid:
Name: Samantha
Course: English Literature
Predicted Grades: AAA
Other Universities: Manchester, Leicester, Newcastle, York

I fell in love with the course and campus when I visited on the open day. It's my first choice, I really hope I get in!
Name: Chris
Course: Politics (Study Abroad)
Grades: A*A*A (I'm a filthy gap year applicant)
Other Universities: Cambridge, Durham, and Exeter.

I actually applied for, and got offered a place by, Lancaster last year, but decided to take a gap year and reapply. This is my backup when / if Cambridge or Durham don't work out :P
Name: Ed SimmondsCourse: HistoryPredicted Grades: A*AAOther Universities: Birmingham, Bristol, Leeds and Loughborough Really excited to hear back from lancs fingers crossed eh
Still eager to hear back from Lancaster, in the confirmation email they said they’d get back to me ‘very soon’ which sounded promising but it’s been a week now and nothing yet, really can’t stop checking my emails and track!
Reply 10
Original post by Sabi120
Name: Sabiha
Course: Computer Science (MSci) and Management with Information Technology
Predicted Grades: D*,D*,D*, A
Other Universities: Manchester, Leeds Beckett, UCLAN

I really want to go to Lancaster I went to the open day and the campus was beautiful :smile:

I want to study this exact course and yeah the campus is beautiful!
Name: Ryan
Course: Maths and Physics
Predicted Grades: A*A*A*A*
Other Universities: Durham, QUB, Warwick, Manchester
Original post by EmilySarah00
Still eager to hear back from Lancaster, in the confirmation email they said they’d get back to me ‘very soon’ which sounded promising but it’s been a week now and nothing yet, really can’t stop checking my emails and track!

It took about 10 days for me to get an offer last year, it shouldn't be too long for you! :biggrin:

Name : Guillermo
Course : International Business (German)
Predicted Grades : A*AA
Other Universities : Nottingham, Manchester, Strathclyde (don't know which other to choose)

Lancaster is definitely my first choice in terms of the course content and structure, however Im quite worried I might get bored.

Original post by lazaroguille

Name : Guillermo
Course : International Business (German)
Predicted Grades : A*AA
Other Universities : Nottingham, Manchester, Strathclyde (don't know which other to choose)

Lancaster is definitely my first choice in terms of the course content and structure, however Im quite worried I might get bored.

Why do you think you'll get bored? :smile:
Original post by StevetheIcecube
Why do you think you'll get bored? :smile:

It is because they have told me that there isnt much to do there and that lancaster is too small. I am from Spain and probably can't visit it so im quite scared of choosing a dead place.
Original post by lazaroguille
It is because they have told me that there isnt much to do there and that lancaster is too small. I am from Spain and probably can't visit it so im quite scared of choosing a dead place.

Lancaster is a city - I'm pretty sure there's always going to be something going on.
Name: Felix
Course: Physics
Predicted Grades: A*A*A
Other Universities: Durham, Loughborough, Leeds

Am just wondering, do Lancaster always interview for Physics? Lancaster is definitely my favourite. Love the course and the facilities
Original post by felogreen69
Name: Felix
Course: Physics
Predicted Grades: A*A*A
Other Universities: Durham, Loughborough, Leeds

Am just wondering, do Lancaster always interview for Physics? Lancaster is definitely my favourite. Love the course and the facilities

To my knowledge, Lancaster doesn't interview at all except in exceptional cases (such as giving an unconditional),
Original post by xBasedChris
To my knowledge, Lancaster doesn't interview at all except in exceptional cases (such as giving an unconditional),

Thanks for this - so how would they decide who to give an unconditional to?

Quick Reply