The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster University 2018 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by FourthGear
Got an offer from Lancaster on Monday for Management, Politics and IR!!! So happy as it was my top choice - I don't really want to wait for the other uni's now😂 My offer was ABB - pretty good, but I did want an unconditional😢 Is it worth calling them to find out why I didn't get it?

I was wondering about doing the same but didn’t want them to think I was bigheaded and desperate😂😂
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 181
Predicted grades AAB A in general studies and A in EPQ
Course history
Got an unconditional offer and really looking forward to studying there
Course: Geography
Predicted grades: A*AA
Other Universities: Durham, Exeter, Loughborough, Newcastle.
Offer: Unconditional if firmed otherwise AAB
Sent: 5/11/17 Received offer: 13/11/17
Original post by misshilrose
I've also applied to York, Bath, Durham and Warwick. I got an offer from York before Lancaster but heard nothing from the others

I got offers from both Warwick (AAB) and Bath (AAA) today ☺️
Original post by leanneeyre
I was wondering about doing the same but didn’t want them to think I was bigheaded and desperate😂😂

Did you phone and ask about an unconditional?
Original post by alexico78
Did you phone and ask about an unconditional?

nope, but I might email, seems like direct.
Reply 186
Original post by scx123
Name: Sarah
Course: Maths
Predicted Grades: A*A*AA
Other Universities: Bath, Nottingham, Birmigham and Exeter

Sent on the 16th of October and had 2 offers so far (Exeter and Nottingham) really hoping I’ll hear back soon they said (on the 19th) they’d “be in touch soon” 😅 good luck everyone!!

UPDATE had an offer of AAB 😁 13/11
Name:Bear
Course: History
Predicted Grades: A*A*A (History, English Literature, Religious Studies)
Other Universities: Oxford, Durham, UCL, Warwick

I received an unconditional offer from Lancaster last week :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by GrizzTheBear
Name:Bear
Course:h:istory
Predicted Grades: A*A*A (History, English Literature, Religious Studies)
Other Universities: Oxford, Durham, UCL, Warwick

I received an unconditional offer from Lancaster last week :smile:

How is your Oxford app going? :smile: tbh I'm so stressed I'm considering just taking the Lancaster unconditional at this point!
Reply 189
Original post by misshilrose
I got offers from both Warwick (AAB) and Bath (AAA) today ☺️

Congrats!! I got Bath today too!
Original post by 11camerl22
Course: Geography
Predicted grades: A*AA
Other Universities: Durham, Exeter, Loughborough, Newcastle.
Offer: Unconditional if firmed otherwise AAB
Sent: 5/11/17 Received offer: 13/11/17

Congratulations on your offer, especially with it being unconditional if firmed!

I'm currently studying Geography at Lancaster so if you have any questions about the course, department or anything else relating to Lancaster, please feel free to post in this discussion:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5038000
Original post by rosie_cats
Got an unconditional for geography today :smile:

Congratulations on your unconditional offer!

I'm currently in my third year studying Geography at Lancaster and have really enjoyed my time here! If you have any questions about the course or Lancaster in general, feel free to post them in the linked discussion (https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5038000) so I can answer them :biggrin:
Original post by JoshF_Lancaster
Congratulations on your unconditional offer!

I'm currently in my third year studying Geography at Lancaster and have really enjoyed my time here! If you have any questions about the course or Lancaster in general, feel free to post them in the linked discussion (https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5038000) so I can answer them :biggrin:

Thanks so much! :smile:
Original post by StevetheIcecube
How is your Oxford app going? :smile: tbh I'm so stressed I'm considering just taking the Lancaster unconditional at this point!

Ha! Me too!I managed just about to get my written work sent off in time, so now it's just a case of waiting to hear about an interview. Though I'm not sure I'm ready for the stress that will be interview preparation!
What about you? :smile:
Original post by GrizzTheBear
Ha! Me too!I managed just about to get my written work sent off in time, so now it's just a case of waiting to hear about an interview. Though I'm not sure I'm ready for the stress that will be interview preparation!
What about you? :smile:

Currently having second thoughts about Oxford bc I'm so stressed tbh. I also love the freedom of the degree at Lancaster, and also the money, I'll admit!
nope, but I might email, seems like direct.

Update: I emailed yesterday and got a response this morning. It said that the UCAS offers are submitted through the general application managers and then the applications are passed onto the departments admissions tutors afterwards and it’s them who decides who gets unconditionals subject to interview. The email said that the admissions tutors would get back to me within the next week on whether they’re offering me an interview or not. All is not lost! They just haven’t decided yet :smile:
Update: I emailed yesterday and got a response this morning. It said that the UCAS offers are submitted through the general application managers and then the applications are passed onto the departments admissions tutors afterwards and it’s them who decides who gets unconditionals subject to interview. The email said that the admissions tutors would get back to me within the next week on whether they’re offering me an interview or not. All is not lost! They just haven’t decided yet :smile:

Do they look at all applications for interviews ? Or are they looking especially at yours because u emailed ? Do I need to email too ?
Original post by alexico78
Do they look at all applications for interviews ? Or are they looking especially at yours because u emailed ? Do I need to email too ?

I assume we’re applying for different subjects and this is what my particular department said. It may be different for other departments. They are reviewing all applications as far as I am aware.
Just had an interview letter come through (literal letter in the post) not sure if I’m going to be going though as I can’t make the dates as it will require an overnight stay.
Just received a letter from Engineering at Lancaster inviting me for an interview to be "considered for an upgrade" to my offer - any other Engineering applicants receive a letter too? Not sure what to make of it ... is it common for this to happen? Thanks !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending