The Student Room Group

Couch to 5K- is it extra curricular?

basically at my college there's a sign up sheet to do the couch to 5k programme. I seriously need some extracurricular activities to put on my personal statement for university. I was wondering if I undertake this activity, would it count as extracurricular
...you might want to look up the definition of "extracurricular".

But yes, it is. Unless you're applying to sport science or something it's not particularly relevant to any other subject so I wouldn't recommend spending too much time writing about it - and if there are any extracurricular things you can do related to your academic areas of interest (i.e. "supercurriculars") I'd suggest focusing on them.

Equally if you'd like the opportunity to get fitter and undertake that then it's a perfectly reasonable to do so.
Original post by DankoMan
basically at my college there's a sign up sheet to do the couch to 5k programme. I seriously need some extracurricular activities to put on my personal statement for university. I was wondering if I undertake this activity, would it count as extracurricular

are you at st dom's?
Original post by DankoMan

Technically yes, but apparently unis don't care much for extracurriculars which are irrelevant to the course you're applying to. It's still a good idea if you want to get fit.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending