The Student Room Group

I can't get in to my favourie uni :(

So I have submitted my UCAS for medicine, and i have applied to Imperial, UCL, kings and St georges.
i was happy with my personal statement and many teachers and med students said it was very good, and I made it very sciency since medicine is a science course.
however, I have just see that Imperial (my FAVOURITE UNI) really focuses on extra curricular, but I wrote my personal statement mainly on academic qualities. I even took out the sentence about my cycling :frown:
I feel so dumb. I can't call my ucas back because it has gone to universities. Will imperial even consider me at all since I didn't include my extra curriculars, which include cycling and drawing.
however, i did include things like being a prefect and young enterprise and my part time job, would these count as extra curricular?
please help :frown:
Reply 1
Original post by yesmynameis
So I have submitted my UCAS for medicine, and i have applied to Imperial, UCL, kings and St georges.
i was happy with my personal statement and many teachers and med students said it was very good, and I made it very sciency since medicine is a science course.
however, I have just see that Imperial (my FAVOURITE UNI) really focuses on extra curricular, but I wrote my personal statement mainly on academic qualities. I even took out the sentence about my cycling :frown:
I feel so dumb. I can't call my ucas back because it has gone to universities. Will imperial even consider me at all since I didn't include my extra curriculars, which include cycling and drawing.
however, i did include things like being a prefect and young enterprise and my part time job, would these count as extra curricular?
please help :frown:

They won't care if you smash the BMAT. You can talk about it in your interview but you have to do well in your BMAT
Original post by SGHD26716
They won't care if you smash the BMAT. You can talk about it in your interview but you have to do well in your BMAT

but i may not even get an interview if I didnt mention my extra curriculars! thats why I feel like Ive messed up so badly
do you think being a prefect, my part time job and young enterprise counts?
If your teachers mentioned your extracurricular activities in your reference then you should be fine.
Original post by underxxted
If your teachers mentioned your extracurricular activities in your reference then you should be fine.

they didnt though
Can't tell if serious or satire.

If serious - don't be silly, it'll be fine. You won't get rejected because you didn't talk about cycling or any other extra-curricular in your PS, that's not how it works.

If satire - don't give up the day job.
Original post by Democracy
Can't tell if serious or satire.

If serious - don't be silly, it'll be fine. You won't get rejected because you didn't talk about cycling or any other extra-curricular in your PS, that's not how it works.

If satire - don't give up the day job.

Im being serious. why would i joke about this.
and Im not being silly, the reason I am concerned is because extra curriculars are so important to this uni!
Original post by yesmynameis
they didnt though

If the rest of your personal statement is amazing then you could hopefully talk about it in the interview.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending