Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I have submitted my UCAS for medicine, and i have applied to Imperial, UCL, kings and St georges.
    i was happy with my personal statement and many teachers and med students said it was very good, and I made it very sciency since medicine is a science course.
    however, I have just see that Imperial (my FAVOURITE UNI) really focuses on extra curricular, but I wrote my personal statement mainly on academic qualities. I even took out the sentence about my cycling
    I feel so dumb. I can't call my ucas back because it has gone to universities. Will imperial even consider me at all since I didn't include my extra curriculars, which include cycling and drawing.
    however, i did include things like being a prefect and young enterprise and my part time job, would these count as extra curricular?
    please help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yesmynameis)
    So I have submitted my UCAS for medicine, and i have applied to Imperial, UCL, kings and St georges.
    i was happy with my personal statement and many teachers and med students said it was very good, and I made it very sciency since medicine is a science course.
    however, I have just see that Imperial (my FAVOURITE UNI) really focuses on extra curricular, but I wrote my personal statement mainly on academic qualities. I even took out the sentence about my cycling
    I feel so dumb. I can't call my ucas back because it has gone to universities. Will imperial even consider me at all since I didn't include my extra curriculars, which include cycling and drawing.
    however, i did include things like being a prefect and young enterprise and my part time job, would these count as extra curricular?
    please help
    They won't care if you smash the BMAT. You can talk about it in your interview but you have to do well in your BMAT

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SGHD26716)
    They won't care if you smash the BMAT. You can talk about it in your interview but you have to do well in your BMAT
    but i may not even get an interview if I didnt mention my extra curriculars! thats why I feel like Ive messed up so badly
    do you think being a prefect, my part time job and young enterprise counts?

ReputationRep:
    If your teachers mentioned your extracurricular activities in your reference then you should be fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by underxxted)
    If your teachers mentioned your extracurricular activities in your reference then you should be fine.
    they didnt though

ReputationRep:
    Can't tell if serious or satire.

If serious - don't be silly, it'll be fine. You won't get rejected because you didn't talk about cycling or any other extra-curricular in your PS, that's not how it works.

If satire - don't give up the day job.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Democracy)
    Can't tell if serious or satire.

If serious - don't be silly, it'll be fine. You won't get rejected because you didn't talk about cycling or any other extra-curricular in your PS, that's not how it works.

If satire - don't give up the day job.
    Im being serious. why would i joke about this.
    and Im not being silly, the reason I am concerned is because extra curriculars are so important to this uni!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yesmynameis)
    they didnt though
    If the rest of your personal statement is amazing then you could hopefully talk about it in the interview.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 9, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.