The Student Room Group

what is the best service to deliver my stuff to my uni accormordation ?

i want to deliver my stuff to uni up north and my parents can't drave me up that far so i need to use a delivery service
Original post by Anonymous
i want to deliver my stuff to uni up north and my parents can't drave me up that far so i need to use a delivery service

It would probably be cheaper to buy it all new up north than get it delivered! Why can't you take 2 suitcases and a rucksack on a train? Or take a mate to help you?
Anon,

Do you have a friend who drives who would be able to help you?

Alternatively, you could catch a coach up North. You could get help to the coach station from friends or family. Once you arrive up North, you could get a cab/taxi/Uber to your uni or could see if the uni is making any provisions for students.

Or as said above, you could ask for someone to come with you by train (book tickets early) and buy the heaviest stuff or most inconvenient stuff when you get up there.

One quick tip: Don't carry up food! It will take up too much space and make your load a lot heavier. You can buy food when you get there and you've seen how much space you have in the fridge, freezer, cupboard etc...

Remember too that you can order things online.

Hope that helps,

Oluwatosin 2nd year student University of Huddersfield

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending