The Student Room Group

aloue1's a level journey

Is it too late to jump into this? I don't know, but I'm going to do it anyway. I'm currently in Year 12 studying English Literature, History and Mathematics. English Literature is my favourite subject and I'd be super happy if I ended up studying it at a top uni. As for hobbies, I love reading and writing (hence why I enjoy English Lit so much). I love listening to music and go to quite a few concerts (queuing for so long kind of ruins the fun though!).
My target grades are A* (lit), A* (history) , A (maths). but they are aspirational targets given by the school and might change over the course of the next two years.
It's currently half-term, which so far has not been very productive for me. Yes, a break is needed, but it's definitely time to get back into productive mode! Today I have been doing my scene summaries for A Streetcar Named Desire, which I hope to finish off by the end of the evening.
I'll try and update this as often as possible.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
Productivity
Back again! During GCSEs last school year, I was always really productive everyday. During term time I am also normally really productive during my frees. However as said before, in this first half term I am struggling a bit with how much work I'm completing vs how much I expect myself to do.
Possible solutions might be:
- make to-do lists each day, slowly building up amount of tasks & finding out how much I can actually do in a day
- going to the library/working in a different environment
- relaxing a bit! i think I burnt myself out during term time which is why I'm struggling to get things done :frown:

If anyone has any tips they'd be greatly appreciated!
Original post by aloue1
Productivity
Back again! During GCSEs last school year, I was always really productive everyday. During term time I am also normally really productive during my frees. However as said before, in this first half term I am struggling a bit with how much work I'm completing vs how much I expect myself to do.
Possible solutions might be:
- make to-do lists each day, slowly building up amount of tasks & finding out how much I can actually do in a day
- going to the library/working in a different environment
- relaxing a bit! i think I burnt myself out during term time which is why I'm struggling to get things done :frown:

If anyone has any tips they'd be greatly appreciated!
Everyone thinks they have more time available during half terms and so on. It's never as productive as we want it to be. The best thing to do is simply "start where you are, use what you have, do what you can." (Arthur Ashe):yep:

Let me know how you get on with your studies.:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending