The Student Room Group

The real agenda about the sexual scandal hypersensitivity

I read some of these stories about men in Parliament resigning for putting their hand on someone’s knee or whispering a sweet nothing in someone’s ear - and it makes me weep. It’s pitiful but at the same time it couldn’t have happened to an more appropriate bunch of people - the very ones who force political correctness on us.

There are essentially two categories that harassment falls into;

1. Real harassment - someone willingly interferes with someone or their life

2. Hypersensitivity - an overreaction about a trivial comment for example

Customarily sexual relations are initiated by men and accepted by females. It’s a bit like a contract, an offer followed by acceptance or decline. There is such hypersensitivity about men making an offer. On top of this people often do playful behaviour naturally - woman and men do it.

What this is, is political correctness - the actual underlying theory is called postmodern social theory. (The theory says that all group differences in outcome are caused by oppression and prejudice - which is wrong because the differences are actually from nature and biology - and that therefore we have oppressor groups (men/ whites) and oppressed groups (females / blacks) and what politics needs to do is make these groups equal and punish the oppressors on the way. The political establishment, media establishment and education are all onboard with this false theory).

What the collective mind is doing is attaching what is calls “the patriarchy”. I think you will find that the vast vast majority of the people attacked this way are men. The theory seeks to create victims in anyway it can and this is the latest way it has found to crate victims. Once it had created victims it can find the accused and punish them then as a side effect creating social change on the way, in this case the desired effect is to make men so scared that they are not say boo to a goose.

This does of course not excuse genuine harassment or inappropriate conduct which is now much harder to identify due to the extreme hypersensitivity phenomenon.

—————————————————————-
Stop Press:

This is my conclusion post - after a ton of debate posts:

Now that this debate has clarified the issues, I will go back to my original premise - to not bring men’s rights into the politics of sexual harassment - the fact that men could be accused of harassment for making a reasonable invitation with the correct level of care to a women because men are expected to make the first move - is oppression and prejudice towards men. This perspective is deliberately omitted from the political debate.

And this oppression and prejudice is design into postmodern social theory as a kind of punishment for what it sees as “oppressor groups”. Of course the idea of the “Patriarchy” is rooted in feminism which is a subset of postmodern social theory. The immediate target of this is powerful men; this so called “Patriarchy”.

These ideas are deeply rooted in the subconscious mind of society, what Carl Jung called “The Collective Unconscious”.

Postmodern social theory has skewed the debate on so many issues in the West and therefore taking a neutral position in many issues is seen as oppression and prejudice, seeing as the accepted normal view is a view with prejudice against the “oppressor groups”.

My perspective has now been very much articulated on Russia Today (of course not in most of our biased liberal / globalist media):

https://www.rt.com/op-edge/409199-sexual-harassment-misconduct-flirtation/
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Okay, lets do something really crazy and think about why women are 'hypersensitive' to trivial comments. Every time someone gets catcalled or someone gets touched without their consent, that could be the start of something much worse. People, especially women, get sexually harassed all the time. It would be stupid to let one instance slide because a guy "mean't it as a compliment" when statistically there's a fair chance it could lead to what you call real harassment. People say 'not all men' but how are you supposed to know which ones aren't going to hurt you?

"Customarily sexual relations are initiated by men and accepted by females. It’s a bit like a contract, an offer followed by acceptance or decline."

Yeah, except when men won't take no for an answer. Except when your at work where your job is to assist in running the ****ing country. That's interfering with a job, willingly interfering with their life. That's not okay.

Oh, you can't say boo to a goose, that's so tragic. Sometimes women are mean to men in self-defence because they don't want to be sexually violated, oh how dare they. God, that must be so hard for guys.

(and if we're talking parliament, they're not post-modernists)
Original post by crocodile_ears
Okay, lets do something really crazy and think about why women are 'hypersensitive' to trivial comments. Every time someone gets catcalled or someone gets touched without their consent, that could be the start of something much worse. People, especially women, get sexually harassed all the time. It would be stupid to let one instance slide because a guy "mean't it as a compliment" when statistically there's a fair chance it could lead to what you call real harassment. People say 'not all men' but how are you supposed to know which ones aren't going to hurt you?

"Customarily sexual relations are initiated by men and accepted by females. It’s a bit like a contract, an offer followed by acceptance or decline."

Yeah, except when men won't take no for an answer. Except when your at work where your job is to assist in running the ****ing country. That's interfering with a job, willingly interfering with their life. That's not okay.

Oh, you can't say boo to a goose, that's so tragic. Sometimes women are mean to men in self-defence because they don't want to be sexually violated, oh how dare they. God, that must be so hard for guys.

(and if we're talking parliament, they're not post-modernists)

There are several point here:

1 I do see your point and your point clearly works for some circumstances particular for certain creepy types - yes I get it.

2. I personally don’t feel I can’t say boo to a goose. You can probably see from my posts on here how outspoken I am, but I’m sure men in parliament feel that can’t say boo to a goose. Your response “so who cares if you can’t say boo to a goose” - it’s very unempathetic. Society has primed you as as a so called oppressed group (blacks / females / gays / Muslims) to be able to have an attitude toward so called oppressor / privileged groups (men / whites / Christians) therefore you can treat such a group with disregard - which is the sentiment you conveyed. These men who will just sit there and be spoken to like that - not near men- same with women who accept rhetoric about whites being terrible, or Christians who accept the politically correct claptrap about Christianity - they are a bunch of cowards. You are not more important than a man for being a woman - and you should internally examine your attitudes here.

3. But you have to admit we are talking about people on another planet here - someone getting worked up some trivial thing said 15 or 20 years ago in some cases. You’re not going to tell me that’s normal behaviour are you? Normal people have never acted like that.

There is something very odd going on, like someone has put something in the cool aid so to speak.

4. The good thing is that it’s causing an implosion at the political nerve centre which is the place that is responsible for the perpetuation of all the postmodern insanity: stopping male / female in case it offends transgenders, or claiming that race and gender are above all social constructs, jailing people for offensive tweets (only “oppressor” groups offending “oppressed” groups). These are the same people who were too frightened to tackle grooming gangs out of fear of being called racist - so it’s great that their crazy theory is collapsing them! I laugh all the way 😂😂😂

5. And last, yes parliamentarians are postmodernist today. They almost all subscribe to the postmodernist ideas of logocentricism, the kind of critical theory critique of traditional society (they use terms like “challenging traditional stereotypes”), identity politics and group. (And espousing ideologies which promote independent free thought but hating it when someone like me does actually think independently and freely).
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Airplanebee2
There are several point here:

1 I do see your point and your point clearly works for some circumstances particular for certain creepy types - yes I get it.

2. I personally don’t feel I can’t say boo to a goose. You can probably see from my posts on here how outspoken I am, but I’m sure men in parliament feel that can’t say boo to a goose. Your response “so who cares if you can’t say boo to a goose” - it’s very unempathetic. Society has primed you as as a so called oppressed group (blacks / females / gays / Muslims) to be able to have an attitude toward so called oppressor / privileged groups (men / whites / Christians) therefore you can treat such a group with disregard - which is the sentiment you conveyed. These men who will just sit there and be spoken to like that - not near men- same with women who accept rhetoric about whites being terrible, or Christians who accept the politically correct claptrap about Christianity - they are a bunch of cowards. You are not more important than a man for being a woman - and you should internally examine your attitudes here.

3. But you have to admit we are talking about people on another planet here - someone getting worked up some trivial thing said 15 or 20 years ago in some cases. You’re not going to tell me that’s normal behaviour are you? Normal people have never acted like that.

There is something very odd going on, like someone has put something in the cool aid so to speak.

4. The good thing is that it’s causing an implosion at the political nerve centre which is the place that is responsible for the perpetuation of all the postmodern insanity: stopping male / female in case it offends transgenders, or claiming that race and gender are above all social constructs, jailing people for offensive tweets (only “oppressor” groups offending “oppressed” groups). These are the same people who were too frightened to tackle grooming gangs out of fear of being called racist - so it’s great that their crazy theory is collapsing them! I laugh all the way 😂😂😂

5. And last, yes parliamentarians are postmodernist today. They almost all subscribe to the postmodernist ideas of logocentricism, the kind of critical theory critique of traditional society (they use terms like “challenging traditional stereotypes”), identity politics and group. (And espousing ideologies which promote independent free thought but hating it when someone like me does actually think independently and freely).

What you mentioned about grooming gangs made me think that perhaps we're both generalising too much? The whole thing about that case was that the girl who reported them used a racial slur to refer to them. That issue should have been treated individually, because it was complicated and specific. Maybe the same goes for harassment cases, you can't generalise them because your conclusion just won't be correct. It's not right for me to be apathetic because perhaps their are men who are intimidated by the cases, in the same way it's not right for you to generalise politicians as post-modernists and all that stuff.

That said, I did mention previously that its understandable for women to generalise men when it comes to creepy things at work (the whole 'I'm not taking any chances in-case this gets worse) thing, but maybe that's different? I guess there's a difference between saying no and then taking in further if it turns into harassment, and flipping your **** and generally being irrational about it.

Then again, how often do women 'flip their ****' over nothing? I think our views are easily skewed about this because we hear about the loudest most controversial things. For example, you won't know if 'almost all' politicians are post-modernist because you don't hear about almost all of them, most of them don't speak publicly unless it's to-do with their specific job. The same could be said for sexual harassment cases, I bet we don't hear about all of those because scandals and drama are really bad for political climates so they sort it out and keep it on the low.

Side note: I don't think I'm more important because I'm a woman. I think I got angry because misinterpreted your tone (that's the trouble with debating over text). I acknowledge that "some people might have this issue but my issue is way harder" is a counter-productive argument.
What you mentioned about grooming gangs made me think that perhaps we're both generalising too much? The whole thing about that case was that the girl who reported them used a racial slur to refer to them. That issue should have been treated individually, because it was complicated and specific. Maybe the same goes for harassment cases, you can't generalise them because your conclusion just won't be correct. It's not right for me to be apathetic because perhaps their are men who are intimidated by the cases, in the same way it's not right for you to generalise politicians as post-modernists and all that stuff.

That said, I did mention previously that its understandable for women to generalise men when it comes to creepy things at work (the whole 'I'm not taking any chances in-case this gets worse) thing, but maybe that's different? I guess there's a difference between saying no and then taking in further if it turns into harassment, and flipping your **** and generally being irrational about it.

Then again, how often do women 'flip their ****' over nothing? I think our views are easily skewed about this because we hear about the loudest most controversial things. For example, you won't know if 'almost all' politicians are post-modernist because you don't hear about almost all of them, most of them don't speak publicly unless it's to-do with their specific job. The same could be said for sexual harassment cases, I bet we don't hear about all of those because scandals and drama are really bad for political climates so they sort it out and keep it on the low.

Side note: I don't think I'm more important because I'm a woman. I think I got angry because misinterpreted your tone (that's the trouble with debating over text). I acknowledge that "some people might have this issue but my issue is way harder" is a counter-productive argument.

Who cares if the girl who reported them used a racial tone. That’s what human beings do naturally. This whole point about generalising, the liberal ideology claims to hate generalising yet like most liberal thing, this goes one way. It’s terrible to generalise women, blacks, Muslims and gays but fine to generalise whites, men, Christians. If you refer to terrible backward Christian Southern American men you get a medal from most liberals - hence this normalises arguments like we need to look after women and who cares if it creates a hostile environment for men.

Well the thinking behind many of the statements and logic used in politics today seems to fit the postmodern narrative.

Most of this is because this is the mentality of the people creating this ideology:

I’m really talking about some very specific people and these specific stories in the Parliament. This is like dysfunctional programmed behaviour - often over nothing.

I didn’t say women flip their **** over nothing. They don’t - unless they are social justice warriors. Those women creating a scene in parliament over some trifle are exactly that: social justice warriors, (also known as snowflakes). Everything for them is a postmodern narrative “attacking the patriarchy for a more equally society” even if it happens on a subconscious level - our utopian world at all costs.

Ok you got angry - perhaps it’s because I am writing in a slightly ridiculous to incendiary tone because I’m trying to flip the script on political correctness because it’s a mental illness.
(edited 6 years ago)
Who cares if the girl who reported them used a racial tone. That’s what human beings do naturally. This whole point about generalising, the liberal ideology claims to hate generalising yet like most liberal thing, this goes one way. It’s terrible to generalise women, blacks, Muslims and gays but fine to generalise whites, men, Christians. If you refer to terrible backward Christian Southern American men you get a medal from most liberals - hence this normalises arguments like we need to look after women and who cares if it creates a hostile environment for men.

Well the thinking behind many of the statements and logic used in politics today seems to fit the postmodern narrative.

Most of this is because this is the mentality of the people creating this ideology:

I’m really talking about some very specific people and these specific stories in the Parliament. This is like dysfunctional programmed behaviour - often over nothing.

I didn’t say women flip their **** over nothing. They don’t - unless they are social justice warriors. Those women creating a scene in parliament over some trifle are exactly that: social justice warriors, (also known as snowflakes).

Ok you got angry - perhaps it’s because I am writing in a slightly ridiculous to incendiary tone because I’m trying to flip the script on political correctness because it’s a mental illness.

The thing with the girl and the grooming gang is that when she reported it to the police, she used a racial slur to describe the men, so the police didn't take her seriously. I'm saying that both parties are wrong in that scenario and I think it's hard to use as an example because it's an awkward and specific case. It wasn't right for her to be racist, but it obviously wasn't right for the police to think she wasn't being genuine. Again, both parties are wrong in that situation, it's too rare a situation to think of it as a reflection of a wider trend in society.

I think with minorities generalising people, it's more like they use the word 'white' to describe the racist people, because it's just easier to say. For example, when you look at a table you'd describe that as "I'm seeing a table." rather than "The light bouncing off this table is hitting my eye and being translated through my retina into my brain." I think a minority of minority groups actually generalise white people, or men, or religious groups. It's simply easier to hyperbole.

I'm not saying that you said that women flip their **** over nothing, I think I worded my point poorly. I agree that people shouldn't make a big deal over things when it isn't necessary or the best way to handle something, but I'd argue that it's not as common as you're making it out to be. It seems like a big issue because the media knows news like that will sell.

I'm also saying that I was wrong to get angry because it's a waste of time,. It's really hard to find common ground when being confrontational, and that was counter-productive of me.

However, I don't think being too politically correct is a mental illness. I think its an expected reaction to a problem, because times are changing and people are working out where they stand. There are always deeper reasons why people chose to speak out years after an incident, or why they overact to something small. Maybe they wouldn't have been taken seriously at the time, or now it's relevant to a conversation, or there have been lots of smaller recurring incidents throughout their career and one pushed them over the edge. It's an emotional response, but it's not mental illness.
The thing with the girl and the grooming gang is that when she reported it to the police, she used a racial slur to describe the men, so the police didn't take her seriously. I'm saying that both parties are wrong in that scenario and I think it's hard to use as an example because it's an awkward and specific case. It wasn't right for her to be racist, but it obviously wasn't right for the police to think she wasn't being genuine. Again, both parties are wrong in that situation, it's too rare a situation to think of it as a reflection of a wider trend in society.

I think with minorities generalising people, it's more like they use the word 'white' to describe the racist people, because it's just easier to say. For example, when you look at a table you'd describe that as "I'm seeing a table." rather than "The light bouncing off this table is hitting my eye and being translated through my retina into my brain." I think a minority of minority groups actually generalise white people, or men, or religious groups. It's simply easier to hyperbole.

I'm not saying that you said that women flip their **** over nothing, I think I worded my point poorly. I agree that people shouldn't make a big deal over things when it isn't necessary or the best way to handle something, but I'd argue that it's not as common as you're making it out to be. It seems like a big issue because the media knows news like that will sell.

I'm also saying that I was wrong to get angry because it's a waste of time,. It's really hard to find common ground when being confrontational, and that was counter-productive of me.

However, I don't think being too politically correct is a mental illness. I think its an expected reaction to a problem, because times are changing and people are working out where they stand. There are always deeper reasons why people chose to speak out years after an incident, or why they overact to something small. Maybe they wouldn't have been taken seriously at the time, or now it's relevant to a conversation, or there have been lots of smaller recurring incidents throughout their career and one pushed them over the edge. It's an emotional response, but it's not mental illness.

This phenomenon of grooming gangs being ignored out of fear of being called racist is something that happened many times consistently over a long period of time and in many towns. Many people in these councils knew there was a systemic problem but fired people who made a fuss. The reason for this is postmodern social theory. Only so called oppressor groups are allowed to so something bad under this theory not oppressed groups. We are talking about groups of people in local and national government who live by this mentality, not be issue they individually believe it - but because it’s groupthink.

You’ve hinted at a sentiment coming from an ethnic minority, but no this comes from middle-class left leaning liberal Guardian reading females more than males usually who have as their ideals things like equality, diversity, tolerance and challenging premise and traditional stereotypes. These are really Orwellian terms that mean “we unconsciously hate traditional society and we what to replace it”. Hence for this same reason you will usually find in any social witch hunt that is in any way politically related, the targets will be the so called oppressor groups, the traditional groups.

Hence ethic minority grooming gangs, left alone to get on with it, powerful male politicians, witch hunted for a glance or comment.

I use the term mental disorder figuratively because all of these actions are a result of political correctness, that is simply a term for a much more complicated phenomenon which is a ideological script running an agenda, and it is the intentional aim of a number of people, many of whom are now dead and were 60s radicals who helped sow the seeds. Many people try to deny this but these people can be named e.g. Herbert Marcuse.
(edited 6 years ago)

2. Hypersensitivity - an overreaction about a trivial comment for example

This is a typical male comment from someone who doesn't understand how undermining and derogatory language and supposedly harmless banter can affect someone's self esteem and confidence.

If I ever meet you I will be sure to dismiss your opinion whilst putting my hand on your knee.
Original post by ByEeek
This is a typical male comment from someone who doesn't understand how undermining and derogatory language and supposedly harmless banter can affect someone's self esteem and confidence.

If I ever meet you I will be sure to dismiss your opinion whilst putting my hand on your knee.

Oh my fellow snowflake ❄️, people are getting acid attacked in this town. I would hardly get worried about someone touching my knee.
Reply 9
Original post by ByEeek

At college a female touched my shoulder was I sexually harassed?
Original post by joecphillips

My make boss touched my shoulders yesterday and a female picked fluff of my shirt?

Was I sexually harassed? 🙈🙈🙈

Just a few months ago everyone was hell scared of hurting Antifa’s feeling until Trump said you’re all full of ****. In decades to come we will look back at this time and wonder what the hell came over us. These snowflakes really need to get sent to military boot camp or something so that they can handle the real world.
(edited 6 years ago)
Oh my fellow snowflake ❄️, people are getting acid attacked in this town. I would hardly get worried about someone touching my knee.

Then you clearly have no idea what sexual harassment in the workplace is, or the effects and impact it has on its victims.

Look up the word grope when you have stopped being melodramatic.
Reply 13
Original post by ByEeek
Look up the word grope when you have stopped being melodramatic.

Look at what you said, you said touching a knee is wrong why is my shoulder being touched completely different?

You should do what the woman you are claiming was sexually harassed has said people making a big deal of it should do and “get a grip”
Look at what you said, you said touching a knee is wrong why is my shoulder being touched completely different?

You should do what the woman you are claiming was sexually harassed has said people making a big deal of it should do and “get a grip”

As a man who was sexually harassed at work by another man - I find your comments rather sad and pathetic. You seem to be denying that there is such a thing as sexual harassment or the resulting depression and anxiety it causes exists. If you have nothing constructive to add, I suggest you say nothing.

Sexual harassment is not just about touching. It is about power. It is about the fact that the person doing the touching, shoulder, knee or more has complete control and power over the person receiving it.
Reply 15
Original post by ByEeek
As a man who was sexually harassed at work by another man - I find your comments rather sad and pathetic. You seem to be denying that there is such a thing as sexual harassment or the resulting depression and anxiety it causes exists. If you have nothing constructive to add, I suggest you say nothing.

Sexual harassment is not just about touching. It is about power. It is about the fact that the person doing the touching, shoulder, knee or more has complete control and power over the person receiving it.

I am not saying that I am saying the bs you are saying is sexual harassment is not unless you want to say I was sexually harassed at college.

My situation was with a teacher they had the power.

The knee touching incident wasn’t sexual harassment, when your ‘victim’ is telling you to get a grip you don’t really have much of a case to say otherwise
The knee touching incident wasn’t sexual harassment, when your ‘victim’ is telling you to get a grip you don’t really have much of a case to say otherwise

Agreed. But just because one person is saying, "Get a grip," does not mean that it isn't a "thing". Would you deny the existence of a broken arm because someone with a broken arm were stating it as " just a flesh wound and that other people with broken arms should just get a grip."?

It is true that in the current sexual scandals of Westminster, what we do have is a lot of allegations and they are just that. But when a senior minister resigns without much of a fight over said allegations, that sends quite a powerful message. It also wouldn't surprise me for a second if sexual harassment wasn't at epidemic proportions in the Palace of Westminster. I am sure the truth will creep out over the coming months.
Reply 17
Original post by ByEeek
Agreed. But just because one person is saying, "Get a grip," does not mean that it isn't a "thing". Would you deny the existence of a broken arm because someone with a broken arm were stating it as " just a flesh wound and that other people with broken arms should just get a grip."?

It is true that in the current sexual scandals of Westminster, what we do have is a lot of allegations and they are just that. But when a senior minister resigns without much of a fight over said allegations, that sends quite a powerful message. It also wouldn't surprise me for a second if sexual harassment wasn't at epidemic proportions in the Palace of Westminster. I am sure the truth will creep out over the coming months.

There could be more that he has done but the hand on the knee thing is not sexual harassment, it’s not just one random person it was your alleged victim, how can you say it’s sexual harassment when the ‘victim’ is laughing at people saying it is? I’ve not seen anyone say that all the allegations are sexual harassment just people saying some of them aren’t.

It’s not really like a broken arm because like you say a broken arm is a yes or a no whereas sexual harassment is a lot more subjective, if 2 people have sex and both say it’s not rape would you then also claim rape?
Original post by ByEeek
Then you clearly have no idea what sexual harassment in the workplace is, or the effects and impact it has on its victims.

Yes I have a very clear idea of it. I have heard about real examples of it. It’s a systematic and sustained use of power above someone to make them feel trapped into doing what someone wants. And I have even heard of a scenario where someone attempted suicide because of it.

I am going to break down a couple of current incorrect definitions:

1. This one is based on a real scenario. I am on a project in a bank in London in a hot desk office. I get talking to a women who is working in a different are but happens to be using that office. Several weeks later, after work go down to the bar downstairs for a few drinks (I am in a long term relationship with children - so my availability stratus is clear.) After a couple of hours, it’s time to leave - and I make some kind of joke “Don’t worry I will leave my misses for you.” Kiss her on the cheek and we go off on our merry way.

Now let’s make an alternative ending and rewrite the last part in the way that our Parliament brothers might write it:

- First he touched my arm
- He propositioned me talking about a relationships, highly inappropriate for coworkers
- And it was insulting the comment about leaving his partner, I felt insulted for her
- He then touched me on the cheek with his lips

After this a complaint is made to HR, and I get someone one night and I am on the BBC news. (This is the fake ending). I am suspended the next day. misses asks what happened and I explain I went out for a drink with a female.

2. Second scenario - Harvey Weinstein. I don’t know the extend of what this bloke has been up to so I’m only going to cover one scenario, this is women throwing themselves at him, for his status in providing Hollywood opportunities for example (it’s not to say that he has done things that are criminal behaviour - cause I don’t know). So the point here is it sticks of victim creation to take a scenario where someone is throwing themselves at someone then blame someone for that. The only thing I see is parts of the culture with very superficial values and motivations.

3 How on earth is a man supposed to make an ordinary woman if the outcome is that he is hung drawn and quartered.

The historical norm is that a man makes a move and then that move is accepted or rejected.

Are we now criminalising men who are rejected?
(edited 6 years ago)
There could be more that he has done but the hand on the knee thing is not sexual harassment, it’s not just one random person it was your alleged victim, how can you say it’s sexual harassment when the ‘victim’ is laughing at people saying it is? I’ve not seen anyone say that all the allegations are sexual harassment just people saying some of them aren’t.

It’s not really like a broken arm because like you say a broken arm is a yes or a no whereas sexual harassment is a lot more subjective, if 2 people have sex and both say it’s not rape would you then also claim rape?

I disagree. I think it is about as clear cut as you can get. If the person whose knee is being touch doesn't mind there is no issue. If they do mind, you have over stepped the mark. Consent really is as simple as a cup of tea!

https://youtu.be/pZwvrxVavnQ

But I ask this question, WTF is any MP touching the knee of anyone in a proffesional environment? He was being interviewed as part of his job. He was not on a romantic date.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending