The Student Room Group

Why are churches not dealing with Bible study?

I have gone to many churches in the last 2 years and lack of emphasis is on Bible study.

I now found one and someone hosts Bible study every 2 weeks.

What are your experiences?
Find ways to make it fun
Reply 2
Original post by tinyperson
Find ways to make it fun

The church I am at now has Bible study.

Growing in the faith of God is really crucial. It works when you study the Bible.

Nobody does things alone
Because they have more pressing concerns over: covid, funding shortfalls, abuse scandals and outrage over coverups.
Many churches emphasize positive activism and local community activities above bible study or academic theological studies for adult laypersons.
Reply 4
Original post by londonmyst
Because they have more pressing concerns over: covid, funding shortfalls, abuse scandals and outrage over coverups.
Many churches emphasize positive activism and local community activities above bible study or academic theological studies for adult laypersons.

But knowing the Bible is for our own good.

every Christian needs to know the Bible
Reply 5
Maybe because they are distracted by worldly issues, politics, sexual politics, economic and social issues .. .

This distraction indicates a lack of vision as to the solution "the narrow way" offers.

I would be the same if I hadn't received the Holy Spirit whereby the veil over the heart is taken away and the hidden power and love pf God becomes understandable and experienced daily.
Original post by JVM2020
But knowing the Bible is for our own good.

every Christian needs to know the Bible

What proportion do you think have read it?
Original post by JVM2020
I have gone to many churches in the last 2 years and lack of emphasis is on Bible study.

All the churches I've gone to have preached from the Bible - we also have Home groups where we study the Bible too.
Reply 8
Original post by Muttley79
All the churches I've gone to have preached from the Bible - we also have Home groups where we study the Bible too.

That is really good.

Bible study is very important. It is your spiritual food.

You need it to grow close to God and be more like Jesus.
My church has a bible study once a week run by and for young people. It's super fun and we get a good turnout.
Reply 10
My church had very complex questions when it comes to bible study. I have to wake up an extra hour early just to finish all the questions, and have to put social media aside for four days in a row. This gives us a full understanding of what we read, and when it comes to the messages in camp, it was much better and once I left my attitude in front of God is super tough. I once cried the night out for not following what God tells me to do, in a particular day after the 2021 camp.

We also have bible study for young people in the summers twice per week.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 11
Original post by JVM2020

Sometimes the bible study is hiding (not advertised/mentioned very often) or is dependent on the church goers instead of the organization/institute itself.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending