The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by abvgd
When and how do they inform you that your application has been unsuccessful? I applied for engineering at Trinity and I just want to know what to think since many people got their invitations..

https://www.trin.cam.ac.uk/undergraduate/applying/information-for-current-applicants/

"Interviews will be held in Trinity from Monday 4 to Monday 11 December 2017 so please hold these dates free. We are currently assessing applications and will let applicants know by email whether or not they have been selected to attend as soon as a decision has been reached. We aim to give applicants selected for interview two to three weeks’ notice. "
Hey has anyone heard anything from Clare yet? I've applied for engineering and following a disastrous admissions test I am 99% sure I will be recieving a rejection but would love the wait to be over
Original post by athenaa23
Hey has anyone heard anything from Clare yet? I've applied for engineering and following a disastrous admissions test I am 99% sure I will be recieving a rejection but would love the wait to be over

I haven't :smile:, Clare mostly send invites between 20th-22nd. Last year there was engineering on the 20th, so don't worry.
Original post by Luckykymeo
Hi, international applicant here!

I also applied to Trinity for BioNatSci, requested and got an interview in Singapore. For my case it was only 1 interview, 30 minutes, and I think there is only 1 AT (from Trin Hall) interviewing all intl NatSci applicants. There was no test, and from what I gathered my interview sounds like a mix of general and acad, first 15 mins for my PS (which also turned out to be quite sciency since I did a research attachment) and another 15 mins for problem solving.

Hope that helps!

Thanks for that information! That's very helpful.
Original post by LC7850
I'm applying PBS at queen's too and no reply either
How did you find the pbsaa?

I'm not sure, it was hard but I did it if you bet me. Wbu?
Reply 585
Original post by Bedriddendonkey
This year.

What course?
Original post by GovernmentEarner
I haven't :smile:, Clare mostly send invites between 20th-22nd. Last year there was engineering on the 20th, so don't worry.

Ah that's so late :/// but thank you!
Original post by athenaa23
Ah that's so late :/// but thank you!

Sorry I didn’t ask but are you international? If so you might here earlier 🙂
Original post by GovernmentEarner
Sorry I didn’t ask but are you international? If so you might here earlier 🙂

No I'm not ☹️
Original post by CompSci in2k17
Ive got an interview at Churchill on the 30th

Congratulations!! When did you find out about it? :smile:
I got an invitation for Law at Robinson yesterday - had a letter waiting when I got home :smile:
Invitation from Christ's for Architecture!!!! :biggrin: Nov 30 though?? So soon. Tickets and portfolio finishing are my only priorities now. Congrats and good luck to everyone!
Original post by GrétaPanna
Invitation from Christ's for Architecture!!!! :biggrin: Nov 30 though?? So soon. Tickets and portfolio finishing are my only priorities now. Congrats and good luck to everyone!

Oh I’ve forgotten you’re reapplying this year.
Congrats for getting an interview again, and better luck this year!! :smile:
Anyone heard from Pembroke? I applied for Law and am international so am getting increasingly anxious by the day....
Reply 594
Original post by IcedArizona
Ah nice another person for Selwyn! What subject did you apply for? I am waiting for phys natsci. They will probably only send out invites next week (for phys natsci) as the interviews are quite late. I checked this was the case last year, invites were only sent around 23/24th and interviews were late as well (after the 11th of december) :smile:

Geography
Original post by vincrows
Oh I’ve forgotten you’re reapplying this year.
Congrats for getting an interview again, and better luck this year!! :smile:

Haha, thank you, yeah I better make it worth :smile:

Actually I'm much more comfortable with my application this year. I think I didn't take it seriously enough last year, because I thought it was a long shot anyway. And I finally feel like I chose the right college, I wasn't too sure last year.

Fingers crossed for all of us :colondollar: (and extra luck for the reapplicants for not giving up!)
Original post by 1barkeb
I thought the ASNCAA was alright; comprehension/multiple choice part was alright, but I know it's hard to predict how that bit went. For the essay, I went for the literary device approach, and I think it worked quite well. How about you?

Same. I rattled some stuff off about ring composition and the importance of heroism in that society. I wanted to giggle at the fact that the anglicised version of 'Olaf' is Alan... As for the multiple choice, who knows how that went?
Haha, thank you, yeah I better make it worth :smile:

Actually I'm much more comfortable with my application this year. I think I didn't take it seriously enough last year, because I thought it was a long shot anyway. And I finally feel like I chose the right college, I wasn't too sure last year.

Fingers crossed for all of us :colondollar: (and extra luck for the reapplicants for not giving up!)

Well, uccess rate of re-applicants are higher than that of first-timers, so hopefully......:smile:

And you should know very well what I’d say about a choice of college. :wink:
Wherever you end up t, you’ll be happy. :biggrin:

Good luck!
Original post by vincrows
Well, uccess rate of re-applicants are higher than that of first-timers, so hopefully......:smile:

And you should know very well what I’d say about a choice of college. :wink:
Wherever you end up t, you’ll be happy. :biggrin:

Good luck!

You're right about the colleges (though this year I had too be very careful, cuz I'm enrolled at a uni abroad, and not all colleges are ok with that)

Thanks again! :smile:

Woo! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending