The Student Room Group

REJECTION from an uni programme

So, i'm in sixth form and have recently applied to a programme for university that goes over a period of time. I wont say the name but i feel terrible and nearly cried. I was revising for a class test when i suddenly got an email . I saw unfortunately and my heart dropped.
I work so hard on my application and told people about it as they asked. My mums eagerly waiting . I dont know what to say. I feel like a failure and cant even revise now. I keep thinking about how i wont enter uni as i wanted to go to that uni :frown: . i met all the criteria and have good grades. Im very confused :frown: and feel bad about this rejection.

i may sound silly and whiny but i really cared about this . Ill be fine but just feel sad :/.

End rant.
I actually got rejected from all 5 of my choices, which was a metaphorical kick in the *******s , but I did some more research and applied through extra. I’m doing a masters now !

It is disappointing and you are allowed to feel a little disheartened but don’t let this one hurdle stop you from reaching your goals .

You shouldn’t let it stop you doing the best in your exams and coursework, there’s will a chance to reach your overall targets

Good luck
Reply 2
If it was a summer school or something similar, I applied to two and was rejected by both, probably because they're more so aimed at students whose parents haven't gone to university or are from a poor/disadvantaged background.
Hey

I'm in the same situation and i recently applied for K+ but then I was rejected from this programme. I know how it feels. But I realised that their are so many other outreach programmes. For all ages and any years. So don't stress over one, and make sure to apply to as many as you can.
Reply 4
Original post by Supernova36
I actually got rejected from all 5 of my choices, which was a metaphorical kick in the *******s , but I did some more research and applied through extra. I’m doing a masters now !

It is disappointing and you are allowed to feel a little disheartened but don’t let this one hurdle stop you from reaching your goals .

You shouldn’t let it stop you doing the best in your exams and coursework, there’s will a chance to reach your overall targets

Good luck

Thank you soo much , thats so motivating. I'll try my best :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Kaiylar
If it was a summer school or something similar, I applied to two and was rejected by both, probably because they're more so aimed at students whose parents haven't gone to university or are from a poor/disadvantaged background.

yea it was :frown: but the sad part is i come from a disadvantaged background so i feel worse. What was the other one?
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
Hey

I'm in the same situation and i recently applied for K+ but then I was rejected from this programme. I know how it feels. But I realised that their are so many other outreach programmes. For all ages and any years. So don't stress over one, and make sure to apply to as many as you can.

yea i was rejected from this and feel terrible. I felt like theres not other way for me to build my future application for uni as there no other outreach's that would help me and are suited for my future goals
yea i was rejected from this and feel terrible. I felt like theres not other way for me to build my future application for uni as there no other outreach's that would help me and are suited for my future goals

You do realise that most people don't do these, but still get into uni right..?
Reply 8
possibly but the course i want to apply for and the work experiences is hard to find so this would've been very useful.
Original post by Bill Nye
You do realise that most people don't do these, but still get into uni right..?
So, i'm in sixth form and have recently applied to a programme for university that goes over a period of time. I wont say the name but i feel terrible and nearly cried. I was revising for a class test when i suddenly got an email . I saw unfortunately and my heart dropped.
I work so hard on my application and told people about it as they asked. My mums eagerly waiting . I dont know what to say. I feel like a failure and cant even revise now. I keep thinking about how i wont enter uni as i wanted to go to that uni :frown: . i met all the criteria and have good grades. Im very confused :frown: and feel bad about this rejection.

i may sound silly and whiny but i really cared about this . Ill be fine but just feel sad :/.

End rant.

Everyone gets rejected and while it is disappointing at first you shouldn't let it get you down. You might find a better programme in the future that you might get accepted for. Just keep on working hard and studying to get good A-Levels.
Reply 10

End rant.

if you had to send in your personal statement for this, a good idea would be to phone the institution and ask them what went wrong with your application. they might be able to give you personal statement pointers that might have let you down and that you can now build on.

you can always go through clearing and adjustment when you get your results (or if it comes to the worst then take a gap year) if it doesn't work out

hope it goes well for you xxx
Ask for feedback! I got rejected from a summer school at one point, but went on to achieve A*AA grades and got offers from bristol, birmingham, manchester, durham, and leeds ! u can still get into uni with hardwork! what course are you wanting to apply for?
i planned on dentistry but now for the past year ive been set on healthcare and specifically midwifery
Ask for feedback! I got rejected from a summer school at one point, but went on to achieve A*AA grades and got offers from bristol, birmingham, manchester, durham, and leeds ! u can still get into uni with hardwork! what course are you wanting to apply for?
btw congrats on amazing results. What do you study?
thank you. Ill try my best
Original post by constantine2016
Everyone gets rejected and while it is disappointing at first you shouldn't let it get you down. You might find a better programme in the future that you might get accepted for. Just keep on working hard and studying to get good A-Levels.
it wasnt ucas but thank you very much for this useful advice . I'll keep this in mind for next year.
Original post by AK01
if you had to send in your personal statement for this, a good idea would be to phone the institution and ask them what went wrong with your application. they might be able to give you personal statement pointers that might have let you down and that you can now build on.

you can always go through clearing and adjustment when you get your results (or if it comes to the worst then take a gap year) if it doesn't work out

hope it goes well for you xxx
btw congrats on amazing results. What do you study?

I study geography! but seriously you can do this, even stuff like volunteering maybe in a care home gives u that experience of working with patients. You can 100% do this :biggrin:

End rant.

As you go through life, you will suffer failures from time to time. Majority of people do. You just got to pick yourself back up and understand why you was unsuccessful and how you can improve.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending